Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Vol. 1 (Star Wars:…

Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Vol. 1 (Star Wars: Doctor Aphra HC) (edition 2018)

by Kieron Gillen (Author)

1196170,629 (3.8)None
Following her time in the clutches of Darth Vader, Doctor Aphra has barely escaped with her life. If he ever learns of her survival, he'll hunt her to the ends of the galaxy. But for now, it's time for a return to what she does best. With the droids 0-0-0 and BT-1 in tow, she's off in search of rare artifacts from the galactic center to the Outer Rim and everywhere in between. Aphra's got debts to pay after all. Just as long as she can stay one step ahead of the Empire, some Bounty Hunters and just about everyone else in the galaxy! COLLECTING: STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA 1-6… (more)
Member:dragonvsboy
Title:Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Vol. 1 (Star Wars: Doctor Aphra HC)
Authors:Kieron Gillen (Author)
Info:Marvel (2018), 272 pages

Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Vol. 1: Aphra by Kieron Gillen

The first in the series focusing on Doctor Aphra and her not so merry men(well robots and a Wookie).

I have only ever read stories involving her in the main Star Wars books and she is a well-rounded, funny and a tight rope walker between evil and money and, actually that is about it. Triple 0, Bee Tee and Black Krrsantan are superb additions to the Star Wars Universe as well.

However, this first book is obviously the writers and artists finding their feet with the characters, there are superb elements and fine storytelling throughout but it has not hit its stride yet. I am most definitely going to stick with it until it does.

The Doctor is definitely in! ( )
  GWReviewDabbler | Aug 8, 2020 |
I got this out of the Hummelstown Library for me and Olivia-Grace.

This was certainly fun. Much more than the Obi-Wan & Anakin graphic novel. This had a lot more to it, and a lot more interesting stuff (Yavin 4, Ordu Aspectu, the Syndicate, etc.). Aphra is a lot more... 'evil' for evil sake in this though than even in the Vader series. Willing to do things against her dad and behind her dad's back, just for the sake of money.

The Ordu Aspectu was interesting as an ancient - ancient - ancient sect of the Jedi. It was slightly confusing, but easy enough to get a general gist of them.

Theres definitely a lot more that they can do with the Ordu Aspectu which is cool, and the overall graphic novel was fun and lots to see and do, and I'm looking forward to reading the next one.

I hope the art style changes a bit. Not too big of this one, it was a little to Manga/Anime-ish for me. But it wasn't HORRIBLE, just not 100% top notch in my personal like/style. ( )
  BenKline | Jul 1, 2020 |
It's a fun adventure story starring some less than admiral characters. But that's what makes it Doctor Aphra, and not just Star Wars. ( )
  peterbmacd | May 17, 2020 |
Lots of fun! Think Jyn Erso as a combo of Han Solo and Indiana Jones. Doc Aphra is adventurous, smart and deadly (especially thanks to her Wookie and droid sidekicks). With her flexible morality (if any) she's ready to charge into all sorts of trouble - and she does. ( )
  mrklingon | Apr 22, 2019 |
One of my new favorite characters in the Star Wars Universe! Glad to see she got her own series so we get more of her stories. ( )
  JJbooklvr | Jul 31, 2018 |

Delgado, EdgarColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Larroca, SalvadorIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shirahama, KamomeCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
C'mon!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,666,377 books! | Top bar: Always visible