America's Bravest (Hidden Cove Firefighters…

America's Bravest (Hidden Cove Firefighters series Book 4) (edition 2011)

by Kathryn Shay (Author)

Series: Hidden Cove Firefighters (4), America's Bravest (Omnibus 1-6)

NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Kathryn Shay spent five years riding fire trucks with a large city fire department, eating in their firehouses and interviewing hundreds of America's Bravest. Read the firefighter romance novels that resulted from her intense relationship with firefighters!"I'm a firefighter at heart so I loved the fact that the story outside of the romance was so researched and the author was very knowledgeable. The stories make the romance even better!!! I couldn't wait to read the next one I could find from Ms. Shay!"The Rescue Squad in the Hidden Cove Fire Department deals with all kinds of emergencies: blazing fires, horrific car accidents and a myriad of medical calls. Like most firefighters, they also have complicated personal relationships due to the nature of their jobs. In AMERICA'S BRAVEST, each of the six novellas details both the love and work of one firefighter with overarching themes of arson, a blogger out to discredit them, and balancing their personal and professional lives.In IN TOO DEEP, Captain Gabe Malvaso struggles with his attraction to Rachel Wellington, a firefighter on his squad. But when they're trapped in a basement, thinking they'll die, all bets are off.HOT SHOT picks up with Paramedic Brody O'Malley, who's happy with single life until a class reunion where he meets Emma Walsh, the only woman he ever loved. But because he broke her heart, she refuses to rekindle old flames.WORTH THE RISK follows Ryan O'Malley, Brody's twin cop brother, as he pursues prickly Lieutenant Felicia White, who's always disliked his "playboy" persona. But when they are forced to work together on an arson case, sparks fly.EL BOMBERO is the story of Firefighter Tony Ramirez and his beloved wife Sophia, sweethearts since high school, who run into the biggest challenge of their lives: Sophia can no longer tolerate the danger her husband is in every day.In RESCUE ME, twenty-four-year-old Sydney Sands saves the life of local businessman Max Delinsky only to fall head over heels in love with him. But trouble comes in merging the discrepancy in their ages and Max's difficulty with her past.TRIAL BY FIRE tells the story of Battalion Chief Cal Erikson who has been fighting for two years with blogger Parker Allen about the fire department. Imagine his surprise when he finds himself attracted to the feisty journalist with deep scars from her past. The arson case is solved but not before both their lives are endangered.In THE EPILOGUE, get a closer look at how all six couples live happily ever after!Reader Praise for AMERICA'S BRAVEST:"I couldn't put these books down. I'm a firefighter in Tennessee; some of this hit home to me. Thank you for a great series.""This collection of short stories had it all: mystery, romance, laughter and tears. I couldn't put the book (actually, my iPad) down! I had to tether myself to the outlet as I ran out of battery and couldn't wait to recharge my tablet.""The stories not only get into firefighter's lives, but there is very realistic and in-depth descriptions of the work they do and the training they undergo. It certainly gave me an even greater appreciation for our firefighters and policemen."Also available: Don't miss the rest of the firefighter romance series AFTER THE FIRE, ON THE LINE, NOTHING MORE TO LOSE, IT HAD TO BE YOU, CHASING THE FIRE, THE FIRE INSIDE.… (more)
Member:Kindleifier
Title:America's Bravest (Hidden Cove Firefighters series Book 4)
Authors:Kathryn Shay (Author)
Info:Ocean View Books (2011), 647 pages
Collections:Author to avoid, eBooks, Freebies, Deleted / reviewed
Rating:**
Tags:Kindle, Romantic Suspense, Boxed Set, Novella, Dont Bother

Work Information

America's Bravest by Kathryn Shay

Thin stories. Under-developed characters. DNF ( )
  Kindleifier | May 14, 2022 |
The Epilogue - get a closer look at how all six couples live happily ever after.

This kindle book set includes:  In Too Deep; Hot Shot; Worth the Risk; El Bombero; Rescue Me and Trial by Fire.
The Rescue Squad in the Hidden Cove Fire Department deals with all kinds of emergencies: blazing fires, horrific car accidents and a myriad of medical calls. Like most firefighters, they also have complicated personal relationships due to the nature of their jobs. In AMERICA’S BRAVEST, each of the six novellas details both the love and work of one firefighter with overarching themes of arson, a blogger out to discredit them, and balancing their personal and professional lives.

In IN TOO DEEP, Captain Gabe Malvaso struggles with his attraction to Rachel Wellington, a firefighter on his squad. But when they’re trapped in a basement, thinking they’ll die, all bets are off.

HOT SHOT picks up with Paramedic Brody O’Malley, who’s happy with single life until a class reunion where he meets Emma Walsh, the only woman he ever loved. But because he broke her heart, she refuses to rekindle old flames.

WORTH THE RISK follows Ryan O’Malley, Brody’s twin cop brother, as he pursues prickly Lieutenant Felicia White, who’s always disliked his “playboy” persona. But when they are forced to work together on an arson case, sparks fly.

In RESCUE ME, twenty-four-year-old Sydney Sands saves the life of local businessman Max Delinsky only to fall head over heels in love with him. But trouble comes in merging the discrepancy in their ages and Max’s difficulty with her past.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,283,301 books! | Top bar: Always visible