The Billionaire's Virgin: A Billionaire…

by Jackie Ashenden (Author)

641,268,033 (4.13)None
Member:CathyGeha
Title:The Billionaire's Virgin: A Billionaire Romance (The Billionaire Fairy Tales)
Authors:Jackie Ashenden (Author)
Info:Swerve (2017), 179 pages
Rating:****1/2

The Billionaire's Virgin: A Billionaire Romance (The Billionaire Fairy Tales) by Jackie Ashenden

The Billionaire’s Virgin by Jackie Ashenden
A Billionaire Fairytale

This story, for some reason, reminded me a bit of The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Anderson. That said, I much prefer this modern version with a happy ending.

Mia has lived on the streets since she was thirteen. She is a survivor and very skittish. She has dreams but roadblocks continue to thwart her as winter sets in. When she walks into the shelter for a meal one evening she catches the eye of Xavier who is doing public service as penance for his last bad behavior. Their interactions are few in the shelter before one cold night he saves her from the fate of the match girl in the fairytale. And, as time goes on they share, become closer to one another and deal with their own demons as they forge a relationship that means “home” to each of them.

This is a deeper story than I was expecting and one that grabbed me a bit more with each page I read. I enjoy a book that makes me think and feel and this story did just that. I came away thankful for what I have and not willing to take any of it for granted.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the ARC – This is my honest review.

4.5 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Jan 11, 2017 |
Received an ARC for voluntary review for netgalley. Even though it was a unrealistic story, I still enjoyed it. Of course they always have a manwhore, why I don't know, but seems to be the norm. The good thing we did not have to read about his exploits. The story is a love story between a billionaire Xavier who gets intrigued by a homeless woman Mia. As he sets out to get to know her and help her, they fall in love. He is a broken man, so thinking to protect her after she gives him her trust, and her hopes., leaves her. But he realizes that he loves her and that he needs her as much as she needs him. ( )
  Pelusa41 | Jan 10, 2017 |
Xavier De Santis is the playboy, black sheep of the De Santis family. Being forced to be dependent on his father does not sit well and so he lashes out by being the bad boy. Thanks to one of his shenanigans he's forced into community service at a homeless shelter where amongst the despair and hopelessness he meets a woman with fire in her eyes.

Mia may be homeless but she has not lost hope. She has dreams and she is going to fulfill them one day at any cost. Xavier is intrigued by her and he finds himself looking forward to serving food at the homeless shelter. But then it is closed down and just as he is returning to his car he sees Mia. He manages to convince her to stay with him for a while and once she's in his domain, he discovers that there is so much more beneath all that spit and fire.

Mia realizes this dream she's living won't last for long. But the hope she carries within won't let her give up without a fight even if Xavier doesn't have enough to believe in himself.

I received an Advanced Reader's Copy from NetGalley for voluntary review consideration. ( )
  Ash_P | Jan 10, 2017 |
A real fairytale. Mia is living on the cold streets but she's never given up hope. It's snowing to night and she has to visit the drop in shelter for some food. Xavier has upset his father again and this time he's insisted Xavier do something worth while and instead of fines for his trouble he's volunteering at the local shelter, then he can concentrate on what he is really important to him, his mother's ranch, which his father had promised to give him.
Xavier is then taken a back by the slight woman who doesn't seem affected by his cheeky grins and doesn't like to talk at all, but he can't get her out of his mind. And Mia is terrified of the attention she is receiving.
Two people from two different ways of life, how would they ever become friends. It's a beautiful story, they both just had to take a chance on each other, and trust.
A great story, it had a wonderful HEA, I loved it! ( )
  JulieD2 | Jan 2, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,853,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible