Pete the Cat and the Surprise Teacher (My…

Pete the Cat and the Surprise Teacher (My First I Can Read) (edition 2017)

by James Dean (Author), Kimberly Dean (Author), James Dean (Illustrator)

Series: Pete the Cat (I Can Read Book)

When Pete discovers that his teacher is sick and his mom is the substitute, he must teach her the ins and outs of his school.
Member:GusBus
Title:Pete the Cat and the Surprise Teacher (My First I Can Read)
Authors:James Dean (Author)
Other authors:Kimberly Dean (Author), James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2017), Edition: Illustrated, 32 pages
Collections:Bus 1, Your library

Pete the Cat and the Surprise Teacher by James Dean

I gave this guided reading book a 5/5 because the story is very well done and the topics are those that students will most likely already have background knowledge on, but if not the teacher can provide this to the students. This book has great illustrations to support the text, that the students can also utilize when doing a picture walk before the guided reading and throughout the reading to help them figure out words they may not know. This book also utilizes word patterns as well that can help the reader. This book specifically is about how a substitute teacher can disrupt the classes daily routine, but how the class may benefit from doing something different. The problem in this story is that they go to every other extracurricular and miss art class. They then do the art in their class; this book can also symbolize the importance of doing art in class and also providing recognition to those who deserve it. The students will be able to connect to this if they have ever had a substitute where this did not necessarily go as planned. ( )
  Kryan20 | Apr 8, 2019 |
This book meant for emergent readers to be used by the child and a mentor together, explores having a substitute teacher--a very surprising substitute.
  uufnn | Oct 30, 2018 |
Great for a sub to read ( )
  kp028 | Sep 18, 2018 |
Pete the Cat goes to school and discovers his new substitute teacher is his mom. Fun day at school.
  CECC9 | Jan 18, 2018 |
When Pete goes to school, he finds out his teacher is out sick and the substitute teacher is . . . his mom! It’s up to Pete to teach the teacher what school is all about.
  brudder | Apr 3, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,437,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible