The Enchanted Broccoli Forest and Other Timeless Delicacies

by Mollie Katzen

More than 250 original recipes--ranging from the simple to the elegant, from soups to desserts, and through a variety of ethnic cooking styles--call for fresh ingredients and no meats.

We lived very communally for a period and relied heavily on Mollie K's first cookbook. This one is pretty good, but somehow doesn't spark quite the same joy as the original Moosewood cookbook. Enough favourites and ideas in Enchanted broccoli keeps it on our kitchen cookbook shelf. ( )
  SandyAMcPherson | Oct 6, 2018 |
very inspiring for a newly vegetarian family ( )
  cookbooknic | Jul 8, 2010 |
Count me disenchanted with the Enchanted Broccoli Forest. I find the recipes in here needlessly strange and the sort of vegetarian food people snicker at when poking fun at vegetarianism. Someone needs to point out to Katzen that it really is okay to make vegetarian food that is "normal" food -- more appealing to the palate of the masses. ( )
  refashionista | Mar 1, 2009 |
Chatty, "hand written" style 'tho sometimes a little 'busy' on a page. I like the section indexes and the formulas for quiches in general, vegetable combos, mixes of various muffins and desserts ( )
  cookebooks | Jan 1, 2008 |
Love the brownies out of this one! ( )
  neontapir | Oct 6, 2007 |
Do not combine with The New Enchanted Broccoli Forest which has significant additional content.

great vegatarian recipies

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,259,644 books! | Top bar: Always visible