Sanity's Thief: An Eric Beckman Paranormal…

Sanity's Thief: An Eric Beckman Paranormal Thriller (Eric Beckman Series…

by Al Macy

Sanity’s Thief is not the type of book I would normally read, but I did enjoy reading Sanity’s Thief. If you like paranormal mysteries with a twist, then you will like this book. Having a private detective with mind-reading abilities would be wonderful. It was a fast paced, easy read. ( )
  galadryl | May 9, 2017 |
Funny, intelligent, with the right dose of science fiction, Sanity's Thief narrates the story of a private eye who doesn't hesitate to get admitted to a dubious psychiatric hospital to get the job done.

I recommend the book as it is pleasant, good-structured and a page-turner.

Its strong points are the plethora of mental illnesses presented with a simple and interesting way, and the presentations of patients as people with failings; people like you and me.

Perhaps, the moral message of the book is that mind works in mysterious ways, and a mental illness can happen to anyone. ( )
  Afratula | May 2, 2017 |
A private investigator that reads minds, a time traveling wife, undercover work in a mental hospital… do I have your interest? Eric Beckman is not your typical private eye. He can read your mind. And his wife is a reformed thief who has time traveled into his time. Now Eric must help his wife find a missing relative by going undercover in a mental hospital. Easy!
An entertaining read. I was provided a copy of this book from LibraryThing in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  angbenton | Apr 26, 2017 |
This is the first Al Macy book I have read. From the first page this book had me hooked! The characters were interesting and very likable and he didn't overindulge on their backstories. From the main character to his wife to the psychiatric patients and more, there are so many stories told yet they all combine rather well without being overwhelming. The plot was fascinating and believable. I truly enjoyed this book and read it almost non-stop. I can't wait to read his other Eric Beckman book now. I received a copy of this book through LibraryThing giveaway. ( )
  barmecidal | Apr 20, 2017 |
This is an entertaining and easy read. The characters are personable and decently developed including those encountered in passing. The near future does not jar. The paranormal is acceptable. The pace and plot are good. I received this as a LibraryThing Member GiveAway. Thank you. ( )
  BridgitDavis | Apr 3, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Al Macy's book Sanity's Thief: An Eric Beckman Paranormal Thriller is currently available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Al Macy is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,318,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible