Lost and Found Sisters

by Jill Shalvis

Series: Wildstone (1)

From New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis comes her first women's fiction novel--an unforgettable story of friendship, love, family, and sisterhood--perfect for fans of Colleen Hoover, Susan Mallery, and Kristan Higgins. They say life can change in an instant...  After losing her sister in a devastating car accident, chef Quinn Weller is finally getting her life back on track. She appears to have it all: a loving family, a dream job in one of L.A.'s hottest eateries, and a gorgeous boyfriend dying to slip an engagement ring on her finger. So why does she feel so empty, like she's looking for a missing piece she can't find?  The answer comes when a lawyer tracks down Quinn and reveals a bombshell secret and a mysterious inheritance that only she can claim. This shocking revelation washes over Quinn like a tidal wave. Her whole life has been a lie. On impulse, Quinn gives up her job, home, and boyfriend. She heads up the coast to the small hometown of Wildstone, California, which is just a few hours north, but feels worlds apart from Los Angeles. Though she doesn't quite fit in right away, she can't help but be drawn to the town's simple pleasures...and the handsome, dark-haired stranger who offers friendship with no questions asked.  As Quinn settles into Wildstone, she discovers there's another surprise in store for her. The inheritance isn't a house or money, but rather something earthshattering, something that will make her question everything she thought she knew about herself, about her family. Now with a world of possibilities opening up to Quinn, she must decide if this new life is the one she was always meant to have--and the one that could finally give her the fulfillment she's searched so long for.      … (more)
Recently added byArina40, kristy1992, Michele, AlienSyn

4.5 stars

The first installment in Jill Shalvis’s new Wildstone series, Lost and Found Sisters is a spectacular story that is part women’s fiction, part romance and 100% heartwarming.

Quinn Weller has a fabulous relationship with her parents and a wonderful job she loves as a sous chef. However, in the two years since her beloved sister Beth’s death, she has been emotionally shut down as she tries to navigate through life without her best friend by her side. She has not been interested in anyone romantically since she stopped dating her longtime friend Brock Holbrook. Quinn’s world is turned upside down a second time when lawyer Cliff Porter gives her stunning news that leaves her questioning everything about her life. Quinn makes a snap decision to go to Wildstone, CA in an effort to sort through her confusion.

Mick Hennessey worked hard to leave Wildstone and his controlling father behind once he graduated from high school. With a successful career and life in San Francisco, he has only returned to his small hometown sporadically over the years. However, after his father’s unexpected death, Mick finds himself traveling back and forth between Wildstone and San Francisco as tries to help his mom deal with her loss. He is not looking for another complication in his life when he meets Quinn, but there is an incredible amount of chemistry between them that is impossible to resist.

The surprises keep coming once Quinn visits Wildstone but she is extremely conflicted about what to do with the unexpected changes that are occurring in her life. She is understandably upset about a shocking revelation and she is extremely hurt by a lie of omission. Quinn is charmed by Wildstone but she is quite happy with her life in LA. However, she is torn by a decision she needs to make that will have far reaching implications for many other people. Her unanticpated feelings for Mick add to her confusion, but can Quinn bring herself to give up the man who is responsible for bringing her long dormant emotions (and libido) back to life?

Mick also finds himself standing at an unexpected crossroad. He is extremely satisfied with his life in San Francisco but he is also quite dismayed to discover his hometown is slowly dying. As he sorts through the detritus of his dad’s life, Mick is surprised by his new perspective on his childhood and a new understanding of his father. Despite the fact he was not looking for love, Mick is comfortable with his new relationship with Quinn and he is willing to give her the time and space she needs to figure out her life. However, his patience has limits and their future together is far from certain.

Lost and Found Sisters is a breathtaking journey of healing, new beginnings and love. Jill Shalvis brings the town and its inhabitants vibrantly to life. The characters are incredibly appealing as they navigate their way through the unexpected twists and turns. I greatly enjoyed and highly recommend this charming first installment in the Wildwood series to fans of the genre. ( )
  kbranfield | Feb 3, 2020 |
“If it has tires or testicles, it’s gonna give you trouble.”

I almost stopped listening to this audiobook, but I'm really glad I didn't! I think the narrator threw me off because she read things in a way that I wouldn't have. Like, she would emphasize words or phrases that didn't always make sense to me. Can a narrator read too dramatically? Is that a thing? I think I would have enjoyed this one more if I'd read a physical copy instead of listening to the audiobook. Eventually, I focused more on what was being said instead of how, which seemed to help.

I'm going to go ahead and throw my negative out there... the steamy sex scenes were actually more like warm soup. It's edible, and you can swallow it in a hurry, but it's not how you'd prefer to eat it. Hot soup that needs to be blown a few times is almost always better. It lasts longer and ends up being way more satisfying. However, I did love how uncomplicated the sex was. They both new what they wanted and went for it, so that was nice.

Quinn was an enjoyable character, but I felt like she was a little oblivious at times. Yes, she was thrown into an unpredictable situation, but I'm referring to her life before. It's like being somewhere new really helped Quinn be the person she was meant to be. She started trying new things, opening back up, and really living again.

Mick was perfection. Everything you want a guy to be = Mick.

Fantastic listener
Always honest
Understood when Quinn needed to be alone
Got rid of bugs with zero judgement
Happy to satisfy
Great with kids
Cared about his town and the people in it
Loved and cared for his mom
Successful
Patient
Adores his ancient dog

The little excerpts at the beginning of each chapter were my favorite parts of the book. They almost always made me laugh, and were usually very unexpected. I don't want to be spoilery, so I'll leave it at that!

Overall, I did end up enjoying Lost and Found Sisters. There were a few things I wish had been done a little differently, but nothing major. I'll likely continue the series to see what happens next, even though this one wrapped up quite nicely.

Originally posted at Do You Dog-ear? on April 19, 2018.
  doyoudogear | Oct 10, 2019 |
Less spicy than her usual but not as low key as Women's Fiction, it's a fab start to what sounds like a wonderful series. The highs and lows, triumphs and tragedies (and there are many), all add up to characters you won't forget and a town that while small, feels just like home. ( )
  GRgenius | Sep 15, 2019 |
While there is a romance between Mick and Quinn this story is more about sisters, a woman who lost one sister and discovered she was adopted and had another sister. The other trying to deal with the loss of a mother and being afraid to love a sister she only just met. Sweet and quirky.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Lost and Found Sisters If there was one book that needs to be read, I would say it's Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis. Ms. Shalvis has a way of getting under the skin and setting up residence within the tight confines of the heart. Quinn's quest of self - discovery is littered with loss, grief, secrets and answers to questions she never thought to ask. Lost and Found Sisters is not just a novel about the bond between sisters. It is the road map of a courageous woman looking to find her way home. An eye - opening, uplifting experience. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |

Jill Shalvisprimary authorall editionscalculated
White, KarenReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

No author writes in a vacuum. It takes a village and all that. And this one is my village:
Alpha Man, Oldest, Middle, Youngest, Special Edition and The Boy(s).
Thanks for understanding me and letting me do my thing, love you all.
I walk around like everything is fine but deep down inside my shoe my sock is sliding off.
-- from "The Mixed-Up Files of Tilly Adams's Journal"

Here was the thing: life sucked if you let it.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,699,478 books! | Top bar: Always visible