Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God's Love…

Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God's Love to Revitalize Your Soul (edition 2017)

by Bonnie Gray (Author)

181937,370 (3)None
Life is noisy. But what would happen if every day - for the next 40 days - you soaked in God's love as He intimately whispered words of rest just for you? WHISPERS OF REST is a 40-day devotional detox for your soul, a spiritual journey to refresh you and guide you to greater peace, while helping you discover who God truly made you to be: His beloved. Renew your spirit with powerful affirmations of God's love with uplifting words of Scripture, journaling prompts for reflection, and practical challenges to spark joy. Bonnie will lead you to places of rest, where you can deeply experience the Savior's presence in your everyday life. This beautiful guidebook will create space for your soul to breathe: Soul Care Tips & Trail Notes - Reduce stress and nurture your body and spirit. Daily Beloved Challenges - Brighten your day by taking simple soul care actions. A Simple Prayer Practice - Deepen your intimacy with God through easy-to-enjoy prayer prompts, inspired by classic devotional practices. A lot can happen in 40 days. A new rhythm. A new heart. A renewed faith. Transform your life as you take the journey to say yes to God, embrace your true identity, rediscover your dreams, and begin your healing. Dare to enjoy each day fully and celebrate your calling as the beloved.… (more)
Member:ShareeKim
Title:Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God's Love to Revitalize Your Soul
Authors:Bonnie Gray (Author)
Info:FaithWords (2017), 400 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading
Rating:*****

Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God's Love to Revitalize Your Soul by Bonnie Gray

Whispers of Rest is like no other devotional I’ve read. It’s encouragement, a bible study, factual and touching. The daily readings are like Jesus Calling combined with a powerful lesson all while having coffee with a friend.
I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t benefit from Whispers of Rest. It’s for the college student, the young mother, the business woman, the empty nester, and the seasoned woman. It’s for the forgotten, the broken, the healed, the happy, the sad, the poor and the rich.
With the powerful use of scripture, Bonnie teaches the reader to listen for God’s whisper. One of my favorite parts is Daily Beloved Challenge where she offers practical steps toward living out that day’s teaching.
I’ve got so many highlighted quotes but a few of my favorites are:
“If we turned back to only what we know, we would miss out on the beautiful journey God has for us now.” (Pg. 19)
“Tomorrow can be different. God will make a way when there seems to be no way.” (Pg. 201)
“Jesus tells us he is that Someone, lovingly whispering your name – I remember you, Beloved. (Pg. 171)
Bonnie Gray has an amazing talent for taking devotional learning a step further, sharing the Whispers of Rest to the reader’s heart. I have absolutely loved this book and can say I highly, very, very highly, recommend it.
The author generously offers some great freebie and a book club at her website www.whispersofrest.com
https://wordynerdyblog.wordpress.com/2017-book-reviews/whispers-of-rest/ ( )
  ShareeKim | May 26, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,872,033 books! | Top bar: Always visible