Entre padres e hijos: Un clásico que ha…

Entre padres e hijos: Un clásico que ha revolucionado la comunicación… (edition 2005)

by Dr. Haim G. Ginott, Alice Ginott (Contributor), H. Wallace Goddard (Contributor)

Member:Klatoo
Title:Entre padres e hijos: Un clásico que ha revolucionado la comunicación paterno-filial
Authors:Dr. Haim G. Ginott
Other authors:Alice Ginott (Contributor), H. Wallace Goddard (Contributor)
Info:Medici (Barcelona 2005), Paperback, 267 pages
Tags:Parenting

Between Parent and Child by Dr. Haim G Ginott

Classic parenting book. Centered on love, respect and compassion, while being firm. Easy to read with very good examples. Good ideas on alternatives to discipline besides "time out". The website has good examples and some video interviews of Dr. Ginott. www.betweenparentandchild.com
  MarkBaumann | Aug 8, 2015 |
This book starts off with the best introduction, "No parent wakes up in the morning planning to make a child's life miserable" (p 1). As soon as I read that I knew I was in for a good read. Between Parent and Child is all about psychological perception and what you say (as a parent), how you say it, and even what you don't say, can influence a child both at that moment and years down the road. What Dr. Ginott offers up is common sense advice about how to communicate with small children and even teenagers. His advice is no-nonsense and extremely practical. It is so straightforward it seems simple, a no-brainer, if you will. The ah-ha moment is not in what to say, it's how to say it to avoid conveying a message you do not intend. Choosing tone as well as the right words are crucial to emotionally intelligent communication with a child. My one naysayer comment? Many, many times Dr. Ginott suggests mirroring the child's emotion to illustrate understanding. The go-to catch phrases are "You wish you could play with Sam," "You wish you could have ice cream for dinner," and, "You're angry about losing the game." Here's where I would get annoyed. I dislike anyone telling me how I feel. As a small child I probably would have connected with someone "understanding" me... but as a teenager I wouldn't appreciate dad calmly regurgitated what I just angrily spit out. ( )
  SeriousGrace | Sep 5, 2010 |
Very easy to read. Enjoyable. I like the way he presents scenarios. Ginott doesn't only tell what works and why, but also how they should be done. Ginott gives a lot of information concisely. Good as instant reference material because the information is well-divided, presented in bite-sized bits. ( )
  Shadoufang | Sep 7, 2007 |
Book on parent-child communication that didn't leave me feeling like the way I'd been brought up had completely ruined me. ( )
  woakden | Mar 30, 2007 |

Over the past thirty-five years, Between Parent and Child has helped millions of parents around the world strengthen their relationships with their children. Written by renowned psychologist Dr. Haim Ginott, this revolutionary book offered a straightforward prescription for empathetic yet disciplined child rearing and introduced new communication techniques that would change the way parents spoke with, and listened to, their children. Dr. Ginott’s innovative approach to parenting has influenced an entire generation of experts in the field, and now his methods can work for you, too.

In this revised edition, Dr. Alice Ginott, clinical psychologist and wife of the late Haim Ginott, and family relationship specialist Dr. H. Wallace Goddard usher this bestselling classic into the new century while retaining the book’s positive message and Haim Ginott’s warm, accessible voice. Based on the theory that parenting is a skill that can be learned, this indispensable handbook will show you how to:
• Discipline without threats, bribes, sarcasm, and punishment
• Criticize without demeaning, praise without judging, and express anger without hurting
• Acknowledge rather than argue with children’s feelings, perceptions, and opinions
• Respond so that children will learn to trust and develop self-confidence

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:17 -0400)

Offers advice to a current generation of parents on how to develop empathetic yet disciplined child rearing skills that place an emphasis on good communication and avoid negative reinforcements.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,434,274 books! | Top bar: Always visible