dismiss

We Are Never Meeting in Real Life.: Essays…

We Are Never Meeting in Real Life.: Essays

by Samantha Irby

5252031,987 (3.79)15
With heartfelt candor and her usual side-splitting bite, humorist, essayist, and blogger at bitchesgottaeat.com Samantha Irby captures powerful emotional truths while chronicling the disaster that has been her life. An ill-fated pilgrimage and romantic vacation to Nashville to scatter her estranged father's ashes, awkward sexual encounters, a Bachelorette application gone awry, and more-- sometimes you just have to laugh, even when your life is a dumpster fire.… (more)

Started out really liking it but became tiresome by the end. ( )
  pod_twit | Mar 30, 2020 |
it's a good book. ( )
  cortneycassidy | Feb 14, 2020 |
As a plus sized, arthritis riddled, sarcastic, solitude-loving, nihilistic caramel colored poor chick born in a marshmallow world, I related to this in so many ways. This was a fast and entertaining read. I love Irby's voice (written and audible) and will definitely be reading more by her in the future. ( )
  Jonez | Oct 24, 2019 |
Def recommend the audiobook which is read by the author- it was laugh out loud funny. I particularly liked the parts where she talks about her job at the pet hospital she has had for 14 years. She also talks about how she didn't have the luxury of planning out her life like most people do- she was lucky to just make it through the week. She is a very strong and insightful woman. ( )
  preetibee | Aug 31, 2019 |
“Words words words words words”—deep breath—“words words words words words.”

I loved this book. Despite vastly differing life experiences and backgrounds, I related to just about everything Samantha Irby has to say in this collection of essays. Very highly recommended.

"People are boring and terrible. I am boring and terrible. My funny runs out, my cute runs out, my smart sometimes hiccups, my sexy wakes up with uncontrollable diarrhea. I have an attitude. And a sharp edge!"

"Roll credits, sad trombone." ( )
  freelunch | Jul 25, 2019 |
This book is dedicated to Klonopin.
I am squeezed in my push-up bra and sparkly, ill-fitting dress.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,593,591 books! | Top bar: Always visible