A Second Chance at Life (Time Travel and…

A Second Chance at Life (Time Travel and Second Chance) (edition 2017)

by Kassandra Lynn (Author)

1471,052,317 (3)1
Lady Elaina had everything--wealth, title, and irresistible beauty--until her jealous half-sister ruined her reputation and forced her into a disgraceful marriage. She died amidst the flames, murdered and betrayed by her husband and her half-sister. As the flames roared, the loss of her unborn child created a thirst for revenge. A magical amulet sent her two years back in time. She has another chance to make things right for herself and her family, yet what began as a plot to undermine her half-sister's machinations quickly evolved into a political conspiracy that will rock the entire empire and make Elaina realize she might not have traveled back in time alone.… (more)
Member:jenny_acc
Title:A Second Chance at Life (Time Travel and Second Chance)
Authors:Kassandra Lynn (Author)
Info:Independently published (2017), 305 pages
Rating:**

A Second Chance at Life (Time Travel and Second Chance) by Kassandra Lynn

I started reading this 2 years ago, and about half way i stopped reading. I couldn't remember why i had stopped reading it, but i picked it up again 3 days ago, and finished it.And while reading, i remembered why i had stopped reading it in the first place. The main protagonist comes across as really annoying.She 's selfish, whiney and wants to cry almost every single page.
On the other hand, i did like the general story. ( )
  jenny_acc | Apr 9, 2019 |
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from LibraryThing in return for an honest review.

What would you do if you get a second chance at your life? That is the question Elaina Sertan asks her self when she wakes up two years in her Finally Elaina has a second chance to get revenge on Sonia on top of finding her happily ever after. But how did she go back in time? And did she travel back alone?

Overall I like the story. It sucked me within the first pages and was a quick read. However that being said I was not a fan of any of the characters and I found it difficult to understand their motivation. ( )
  RebeccaLMello | Jul 15, 2017 |
No, sorry. I wanted to like this - interesting concept, and good writing (the dialog and description were well done). Unfortunately neither the world nor the characters were well thought through, and I couldn't swallow it. A society where touching an unmarried woman's hand in public means you must marry? No noble (or rich) woman would ever leave the house without a dozen guards to keep away the fortune hunters and other ineligibles. A noble girl, raised to support her noble house in marriage - who's been taught nothing more than how to walk and smile? She never got lessons on keeping her emotions invisible to others? Maybe "how to deal with an enemy that doesn't know you know they're an enemy" is a little too specific, but the more general form would have changed the story a great deal. And that aside - she is obsessed with not being shamed. So she sends secret letters and climbs out of windows? She feels immature for a modern 18-year-old, which means ridiculously childish for a 20(or 18-)-year-old in a society where she's expected to marry at that age. Too much author fiat - things happen not because these characters would do this, but because it's necessary to advance the plot. Not a winner. I received a free copy of the book from the author, for review purposes. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Apr 10, 2017 |
What would you do if you had no one to trust and were surrounded by enemies? That is Elaina Sertan's problem. Well that, and the fact that she's come back from the dead and time traveled. I found Elaina to be a phenomenal narrator who brings you right into the story. My new Favorite! ( )
  yafa2218 | Mar 1, 2017 |
Time travel has never really appealed to me, but the plot sounded interesting enough to check it out. I was not disappointed. This book was amazing. The writing style was very easy to get into and the story flowed nicely. I really felt the frustration the heroine experienced, and while the story didn't go as expected, it did end well. Can't wait to see what else the author has written. ( )
  PSturgill | Feb 21, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Kassandra Lynn's book A Second Chance at Life was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Kassandra Lynn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,388,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible