Proper Goodbye by Connie Chappell

Proper Goodbye

by Connie Chappell

711,616,274 (5)None

In life, there are times when people must make big decisions. Decisions which will change their whole lives. In "Proper Goodbye," by Connie Chappell there are life changing decisions about careers, health and relationships. Along the way, there is the subtle reminder that what we choose to do or not do or how we choose to do it will have consequences.

I think especially about the pastor named Beebe. Ultimately, she decides to leave the ministry. This change in her life along with her work as a grief counselor in a funeral home will bring her back to an old problem. She must deal with the fact of leaving home and now whether she should go back home. She must deal with Victor Bostick, an ex-fiance too. Then, there is the abandonment an illness of her mother Abigail Walker who lives another life under an alias name. This woman has become so foreign to the family that the father cleans the grave of the wrong woman, the
wrong wife and mother because he does not know she changed her name to Terri Miller. She is no longer Abigail Walker.

Life can become so complex. It helps to read about the characters in Kansas and Maryland who struggle with all sorts of problems. There is the thought that we never know where life will take us. This thought leaves no room for judgment.

At first, it is difficult to get use to the characters names and their relationships to one another. Then, it all smooths out. The characters become almost real and you begin to care deeply about their situations. I am grateful to the author, Connie Chappell. She leads the way for readers to look at social problems that are not addressed as loudly as in past years. I will look over her other titles in the future. conniechappell.com/proper-goodbye. ( )
  Topazshell | Feb 4, 2017 |

Connie Chappell is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,822,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible