Baby on Board: How Animals Carry Their Young

by Marianne Berkes

1411,295,065 (4.25)None
Vibrant illustrations and rhyming text in Baby on Board: How Animals Carry Their Youngoffer readers the chance to connect with our environment by comparing it to ourselves. Children will gain knowledge about many different species of animals and their habitats by making the fun and cute comparison of how we are cared for by our parents and how each of these animals is cared for. You know that babies are carriedby grown ups, but do you know how animal parents carry their babies? This book looks at a variety of different animals and displays how the mother and/or father carries their baby. Each page is filled with vibrant illustrations and rhyming text to describe how babies of different animals are cared for. The information brings many habitats of unusual animals to young readers, and establishes a connectedness among the world's creatures. Backmatter Includes: Explore More for Kids: photos and information about the animals in this book. Explore More for Teachers & Parents: STEAM connections!… (more)

BABY ON BOARD: HOW ANIMALS CARRY THEIR YOUNG by Marianne Berkes shares the many ways mothers carry their offspring.

Featuring a wide array of animals, the picture book begins by asking children to think about how they were carried as a baby. Rhyming verses describe the relationship between animals and their young, while the realistic illustrations provide visual detail. Background information is also provided for each animals. The book concludes with a matching game for children, ideas for teachers and parents, and additional resources.

Librarians will find that this book fits well with the primary grade science curriculum.

The publisher website provides free activities at https://dawnpub.com/our-books/baby-on-board/.

Published by Dawn Publications on March 1, 2017. ARC courtesy of the publisher. ( )
  eduscapes | Feb 19, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,221,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible