The Nonborn King by Julian May

Authors:Julian May (Author)
Info:Pan 'Science Fiction' Books
Collections:Owned Copy

The Nonborn King by Julian May

English (3)  Dutch (1)  All languages (4)
Sudden introduction of a whole new character set and plot. Detracts from the Exlie series ( )
  SpicyCat | Jan 14, 2013 |
Book 3 in the series and I'm gripped. It's really well written, interesting characters, feels really original to me. Written in 1983 and can easily be read today. I'm enjoying it. ( )
  amf0001 | May 18, 2007 |

Julian Mayprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bradbury, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whelan, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whatever we may do, excess will always keep its place in the heart of man, in the place where solitude is found. We all carry within us our places of exile, our crimes and our ravages. But our task is not to unleash them on the world; it is to fight them in ourselves and others. Rebellion, the secular will not to surrender . . . is still today at the basis of the struggle. Origin of form, source of real life, it keeps us always erect in the savage, formless movement of history.

The Rebel, Albert Camus
For Dave and Sam,
disaster-tech and beer baron,
still another trip on Mom
The dead and the wounded and the brain-burned had all been evacuated, and the highland forest lay innocent in Pliocene moonlight. [Prologue]

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 033026902X, Paperback)

This is the third book in "The Saga of the Exiles" series. The domination of the Tanu has been broken. In the aftermath of cataclysm, Aiken Drum seizes the hour to grasp control of the Pilocene world. There are those, human and Tanu, who rally to him - and those who fear and hate him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:01 -0400)

When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he's the last to know. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord's curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Leaving his unsympathetic aunt and uncle for Hogwarts, a wizarding school brimming with ghosts and enchantments, Harry stumbles upon a sinister adventure when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers which could be valuable, dangerous, or both. Ages 9+… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,633,344 books! | Top bar: Always visible