Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Royally Matched

by Emma Chase

Series: Royally (2)

Some men are born responsible, some men have responsibility thrust upon them. Henry Charles Albert Edgar Pembrook, Prince of Wessco, just got the motherlode of all responsibility dumped in his regal lap. He's not handling it well. Hoping to force her grandson to rise to the occasion, Queen Lenora goes on a much-needed safari holiday--and when the Queen's away, the Prince will play. After a chance meeting with an American television producer, Henry finally makes a decision all on his own. Welcome to Matched : royal edition. A reality TV dating game show featuring twenty of the world's most beautiful blue bloods gathered in the same castle. Only one will win the diamond tiara, only one will capture the handsome prince's heart.… (more)
Recently added byprivate library, izzied, ayoshina, littlebookjockey, JaninaRebecca, MissLisaAnn, samnreader

I realize I'm probably inflating this rating because I love the audio book - likely much more than I would the text. Shane East is ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
Loved, loved, looooved this book! ( )
  Musscle | Mar 25, 2020 |
Only the villains lock ladies in a tower.
Then you make me want to be a villain.

My heart is swooning right now! I wasn't sure how I would feel about Henry after reading about him in Royally Screwed, but he was everything I wanted from a character. He loves his country and his family, but he's worried about his ability to make a difference. He's not used to the scrutiny his brother grew up with, and he's struggling to find his place now that people are counting on him.

Feeling overwhelmed, Henry makes an impulsive decision that did not provide the entertainment he was looking for. He foolishly thought it would help him feel more like himself, but it ended up having some pretty bad consequences. My heart broke for Henry over and over again. He always had the best intentions (even if they seemed careless at the time), but the world can be cruel and unfair. People are often selfish and only looking out for themselves, which usually means someone undeserving gets hurt.

Sarah is the sweetest person on Earth. She's supportive of her sister, has friends that she loves and enjoys being around, and is happy with her small place in the world. Henry's loud personality shakes her out of her comfort zone, but Sarah isn't a pushover. She'll defend those she loves even if it means she is the one that ends up getting hurt. I really liked who Sarah was with Henry. She was fierce and his equal in every way. She loves literature and treasures words, and she's honest to the core.

There were some pretty nasty characters in this one (one repeat from the previous book, ugh), and the things they did made me visibly angry. At one point my husband said it looked like I was going to squeeze my phone into tiny pieces (audiobook), and wanted to know what I was listening to. Henry suiting up with ancient weapons to defend the one he loves -- ahhh. That has to be one of my favorite parts!

At the end when I could tell Henry's decisions were going to have unforeseen consequences, I had to keep reminding myself that there was still time left for a happy ending. He was doing what he thought was best, and trying to protect Sarah, but authors like to drag you through the mud first. Emma Chase made my heart constrict and made me wish my ears could listen faster.

I loved this book! I'm loving this series! I cannot wait to dive in to the next one -- there's bound to be more excitement and adventures. Oh, and let me just say... Emma Chase knows how to write steamy sex scenes. She can also make me burst out laughing at any given moment -- love it!

Additionally, I adored Sarah's sister, Penelope. I really hope she gets her own book in the future! The ending wasn't anything like what I expected, but now I cannot imagine it happening any other way. It was perfect. Everything was perfect!

(Both narrators are amazing -- two of my favorites!)

Originally posted at Do You Dog-ear? on August 13, 2018. ( )
  doyoudogear | Oct 11, 2019 |
Summary
Henry can't believe that he is King and will all the weight and responsibility that lays upon his shoulders. He was never raised to be King, but now he has to catch up and very quickly because he is making mistakes. And he wonders if he will ever be worthy of the title and how incredible his father was at it. But when a film producer comes to him with a offer he can't refuse he knows that he needs to take a chance...it will be just the thing he needs to do. So he agree to be put in a month long reality tv show, and will choose out of twenty women to be his future Queen. As the games begin, there is one woman that stands out to him, a woman that keeps to herself and her books in the corner watching over her sister...Sarah. Sarah has a intense fear of groups but this is the perfect excuse to work on her fear and protect her sister if she needs it. She never thought that Henry, future King would want her or pursue her. For most women it would be a dream come true, a true modern fairy tale, but will her fears and reservations keep them apart or bring them closer and stronger...
The Hero
Henry John Edgar Thomas Pembrook, is the younger son. He remembered how much his parents loved each other and their two sons when they were killed. And both Nicholas and Henry were raised by their Grandmother. But Henry was allowed more freedom to travel and have liaisons with women and now his brother has abdicated and left everything to him and Henry fears what he will do and if he can live up to the legacy or fail completely Henry is a character that you can get behind 100%. He is charming, easy going and knows how to work a room especially if it has a beautiful woman in it. But he is also vulnerable and inside there is so much more to him than you expect. I love that we see his strengths and weaknesses and once he truly builds confidence and chooses the right path he becomes a hero that melts you.

I've never had someone who was just mine, body and soul---mine to protect and hold and love. And that's what Sarah is...she belongs to me now. We belong to each other.

The Heroine
Sarah Mirabelle Zinnia Von Titebottum has her own weaknesses and strengths and balances out Henry. Sarah has protected her sister for years even at the cost of herself. She suffers from stage fright, which is way more extreme than that. When she gets fearful, or a glass breaks or is in a crowd she goes into a zone. And its not something that she can easily control. But her love and protectiveness of her sister overrides any concern that she has for herself. She loves books and would live at the library if she could. I truly adored Sarah, she is so perfect for Henry. She makes him work for it, but also she has some serious vulnerabilities and fears that she has to work though. And I loved her strength and determination to overcome the past and build a better future for herself and for the man she loves

"Henry makes me want to take a chance. On new experiences. And on him…"

Plot and Story Line
What a well written and fantastic installation of a quirky and charming royal love story. Emma Chase continues off where we left off with Henry. Now I truly adored his character in book one and I was so eager to see the hidden depths to him and Chase did a fantastic job with this book. It does have some quirks and slight cheesiness that can come from a royal themed romance however so unique and different from what I expected. Both Henry and Sarah, at first glance seem NOT right for each other.

"Because I'm more than my hymen, Henry! To base the value of an accomplished, intelligent, passionate woman on a flimsy piece of skin is degrading. How would you feel if your worth rest on your foreskin?"

"I think it over. And then I grin. "I'd be alright with that, actually. I've heard it was an impressive foreskin--all the nurses were fawning over it. It's probably being showcased in a museum right now."

Henry has a bit of a playboy personality, and our heroine Sarah is fearful of public speaking. So much that its a medical condition. However once these two get together they just click in a very harmonious way and it was so wonderful to see these two grow closer. They really balance each other out in the end. And their story isn't all hearts and flowers though. They have some tough battles to fight, but once they really get all the obstacles out of the way they become powerful together. I love the way they just sync together. They chemistry is magic, and their love story is epic and it warms me heart and soul to see them together. Literally, I think it got me in tears in the end because of the way they fight together to be what they need to be for the future and do it as partners.

I’m not going to fall. I can’t. Because Henry has shown me how to fly.

The Cover
LOVE it, I love the way his arms are curled behind him around the chair. Mouthwatering for sure.
Overall View
Royally Matched is a hilarious and enchanting romance where the author will have you wrapped around her finger...A ROYAL GEM!!

I want to change the world with you at my side, holding your hand. I love you, Sarah, and whatever happens, I promise you there won't be a day that I don't love you with all that I am.

Books N Tunes Reading Challenge

Pick #7 Marry Me by Train- I chose this one because it fits this couple and he sings this to her at the end and its so tender and poignant. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
ARC Review: Royally Matched (Royally) by Emma Chase

From lovable, carefree bachelor to clueless royal heir. In the blink of an eye, Henry's world of women and parties became littered with responsibilities and politics. And he hate's every minute of it. What's a playboy to do when the stresses of royalty become overpowering? A dating reality show? The party's just begun and quickly is spinning out of control. A rip roaring good time that is not afraid to be sexy. Ms. Chase humanizes a larger than life character by looking beyond the title and giving a glimpse of the flawed man. Full of light hearted fun. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |

Emma Chaseprimary authorall editionscalculated
Arndt, AndiReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
East, ShaneReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

For all those who love books and stories, heroes and heroines, romance and adventure, pages and words.
"BALLS."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,559,529 books! | Top bar: Always visible