Not Quite Narwhal by Jessie Sima

Not Quite Narwhal (edition 2018)

by Jessie Sima (Author)

Born deep in the ocean, Kelp is not like the other narwhals and one day, when he spies a creature on land that looks like him, he learns why.
Member:KristinPreK
Title:Not Quite Narwhal
Authors:Jessie Sima (Author)
Info:Scholastic, Inc. (2018)

Not Quite Narwhal by Jessie Sima

I love the pictures in this book. I also love the story of the little unicorn who thinks she's a narwhal. She eventually leaves the sea and finds other unicorns. She discovers that the narwhals always knew she was different, but they loved and accepted her anyway.
  bauerlj73 | Jul 21, 2021 |
This is such a cute picture book to share with young children about the lessons of being different and the beauty in our differences. ( )
  rabeard | Feb 25, 2021 |
I must name my next pet animal Kelp. ( )
  resoundingjoy | Jan 1, 2021 |
We should all strive to be Narwahl :) ( )
  AR_bookbird | Dec 17, 2020 |
This particular story is one of my favorites to read to younger children. I love to see their interested faces when the book discusses different identities, fitting in, and standing out. When a child is younger, they often go through a lot of the same scenarios in the book (in different ways of course). Therefore, children are able to really relate to this book which keeps them interested. ( )
  kristyn0521 | Aug 28, 2020 |

Jessie Simaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bromley, LizzyBook and cover designsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Harry and Mary Ellen,
who always brought rainbows into my life
Kelp was born deep in the ocean.

Growing up in the ocean, Kelp has always assumed that he was a narwhal like the rest of his family. Sure, he’s always been a little bit different—his tusk isn’t as long, he’s not as good of a swimmer, and he really doesn’t enjoy the cuisine. Then one night, an extra strong current sweeps Kelp to the surface, where he spots a mysterious creature that looks just like him! Kelp discovers that he and the creature are actually unicorns. The revelation leaves him torn: is he a land narwhal or a sea unicorn? But perhaps, if Kelp is clever, he may find a way to have the best of both worlds.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,482,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible