dismiss

King's Captive

by Amber Bardan

911,514,173 (3.25)None
For three years, I've belonged to Julius King.  Some people would think being stuck on a private island is heaven, but this is my hell.   Because I'm not here as a guest. Not even close. I'm a prisoner. I'm his.  Julius King. Powerful. Wealthy. Dangerous.  There are parts of me he wants that I can't give him. When he looks at me, there are times I swear he sees someone else. And the scary part is that sometimes, when he touches me, I think he may be someone else, too.  Though my body might be tempted, and he might control everything else, I can't let him have any piece of my heart. I won't. But every day, the fight gets harder, and Julius manages to slip past my defenses in the most unexpected ways.   I have to find out the truth about Julius King. Even if it destroys me.     This book is approximately 81,000 words    One-click with confidence. This title is part of the Carina Press Romance Promise: all the romance you're looking for with an HEA/HFN. It's a promise!… (more)

The King's Captive is a stand alone and the most latest release from this author. Now I wasn't sure what I thought of this book, however after reading some positive reviews, they convinced me that I needed this book in my life. So this story takes us into a love story that is exciting, edgy, epic and emotionally driven that it will put the reader to tears. This story is not what you expect AT ALL and wow this author really surprises you. I mean honestly, there were so many unique twists to this story that you don't see coming. I don't want to reveal too much about this story which is why my layout for review is a bit different. Our heroine is scared but also drawn to her "captor" who she promised three years to if she agreed to marry him at the end of those three years. It almost toward the end of those three years where she will have to hold up to her promise. But not everything is as it seems including King's intentions toward her. At first we view him as a sort of villain, and there are flashbacks so at first you have a 'sketchy' feel to his character. You aren't sure where you stand on his character. However you slowly see how much he truly loves her. Despite how many times she lies to him or deceives him or breaks her promises, he never loses faith in his love and devotion to her. And when you find out the real truth, you sympathize with him. Our hero has been through hell and back, and he may seem all bad in the beginning, but the reader realizes that he is a hero you can get behind. Its a story of love and loss, of true devotion and commitment and even though there are some things that the characters take action on....you can't resist the pull of their love story and seeing them connect and find their HEA in the end. I was completely pulled in by this book, and I can tell you that this author is rare talent in creating a story you will fall head over heels for!!! The mixture of emotions that impacts the reader is stimulating and vivid and wrung me like a dish towel in heart wrenching ways but also in empowering and memorable moments. Definitely a book you don't want to miss out on. A SUPERB ROMANCE ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 19, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,962,813 books! | Top bar: Always visible