The King Who Rained

by Fred Gwynne

7542025,588 (4.19)6
Confused by the different meanings of words that sound alike, a little girl imagines such unusual sights as "a king who rained" and "the foot prince in the snow."

I couldn't get enough of this book when I was a kid. It may have been the catalyst that made me love language. ( )
  LibroLindsay | Jun 18, 2021 |
In this funny play on words book children can stud and understand that some book have multiple and sometimes silly meanings depending on the sentence it's used in. It points out the funny problems with the english language and allows both reader and listener to have a conversation about other words they might be confused about. ( )
  MadiBorchardt | Feb 25, 2018 |
I have not yet had the opportunity to read this book. This suggestion came from my text book.
  Jessica5858 | Feb 4, 2018 |
This was a classic when we were growing up. I wish it was still in print so we could get it in our library. ( )
  mollypitchermary | Oct 11, 2017 |
These books are fun. Sometimes they are over my kids head which I guess is the point. The little girl in the book is just as confused as my kids are. They still love this book though, and it is fun to read from me as well. ( )
  Jesslaw | Sep 6, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,401,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible