Once Upon a Summer Night: Mists of Fate -…

Once Upon a Summer Night: Mists of Fate - Book Three

by Nancy Scanlon

441,664,912 (3.75)None

Review to come ( )
  CelticBookDragon | Apr 12, 2017 |
Once Upon a Summer Night by Nancy Scanlon
Mists of Fate #3

Colin O’Rourke is a time traveler. He is also wants to expand his matchmaking business to Europe. With a gossip journalist blackmailing him with bad press if he does not find her niece the “perfect match” he sets out to do just that only to find that perhaps HE is the match to be found. With his job as a family protector weighing heavy on his shoulders he finds himself in conflict trying to figure out whether or not to follow his heart or meet his family obligation…is it possible to do both? There is some time travel, some romance, some violence and some characters from previous books make an appearance while others appear that may show up in future books of the series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Diversion Books for the ARC – this is my honest review.

3 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Apr 10, 2017 |
This was a fun book. I am kind of partial to time travel romances. I guess I like the idea of imagining what it would be like to suddenly be thrust into an entirely unknown situation and trying to figure out what to do. I was really in the mood to read a time travel romance so I decided to pick up this book and I am glad that I did.

This is the third book in the Mists of Fate series and it read just fine as a stand alone even though I think I would have liked it a bit more if I had been more familiar with some of the characters. I definitely want to go back and read the first two books in this series so that I can see how things worked out for the other couples.

This book features Colin and Eleanor, or Ellie, and starts out in the modern time period. Colin runs a matchmaking business, Celtic Connections, and Ellie's aunt wants Colin to personally find her a match. Ellie and Colin have already met and the chemistry between them was intense right from the start. I had a lot of fun watching this pair together. Colin tried to suppress his feelings and Ellie went on the dates that were set up for her but they always seemed to come alive when they were with each other.

It did take this book a long time to get to any time traveling. It was fun once it happened and a lot of exciting things occurred while they were in the past. This was definitely what I would call a sweet romance. If you are looking for a romance with a lot of heat, this one may not be the right choice because kissing is about as steamy as this one will get. I enjoy this kind of sweet romance that really makes you see the main characters get their happily ever after.

I would recommend this book to fans of time travel romance. This was really a heartwarming romance that had a lot going for it. This is the first book by Nancy Scanlon that I have read but I definitely hope to read more of her work in the near future.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Diversion Books via NetGalley. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Mar 31, 2017 |
A time-traveling romance novel that's part of the Mists of Fate Series (this one is Book 3). This work can easily be read as a stand-alone book. I have not read the other novels in the series, but after reading this one, I plan to go back and read them. A family of hunky Irish time-travelers who also happens to own a matchmaking business. The MCs are captivating in a quiet way, the supporting characters are heartwarming, the settings are well-designed, and the plot is adorable and fun. The story is both contemporary and medieval in its setting. If you like historical romances, this one, although light on the physical romance side, is worth it.

Net Galley Feedback ( )
  LibStaff2 | Feb 25, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,486,015 books! | Top bar: Always visible