We're All Wonders by R. J. Palacio

We're All Wonders (edition 2017)

by R. J. Palacio (Author)

Augie enjoys the company of his dog, Daisy, and using his imagination, but painfully endures the taunts of his peers because of his facial deformity.
Member:KristinPreK
Title:We're All Wonders
Authors:R. J. Palacio (Author)
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2017), Edition: Illustrated, 32 pages

Work Information

We're All Wonders by R. J. Palacio

English (64)  Spanish (1)  All languages (65)
This book demonstrates the story of a young boy named Auggie who's physical appearance is uniquely different from that of the other children. As the author reveals the cruel treatment and feelings of resentment the young boy undergoes, she discloses the consequences that follow as well as the effect this has on Auggie. The author advocates acceptance of others as well as feelings of compassion by emphasizing that "we are all wonders', and earth is large enough for all kinds of human beings despite our differences. I enjoyed this book because I strongly oppose and despise any type of behavior that mimics bullying. I feel as though implementing this book into my classroom would be highly beneficial as it provides opportunity to emphasize the eminence in accepting, respecting, and appreciating all walks of life in spite of our physical differences. I do not have any negative thoughts or feelings toward the content of this story as each attribute and component displayed in this book collaborated to convey a strong, virtuous motif. Overall, I enjoyed this story as well as the theme it represented and would very likely consider adding it to my classroom library in the future. ( )
  BriannaPage | Oct 26, 2021 |
A great book to help kids understand that all people are different. ( )
  MegGordon | Sep 14, 2021 |
This realistic picture book provides great lessons through wonderful story telling and beautiful illustrations. It is extremely easy to understand, and it is an easy read. It teaches children to be inclusive of those around them, and it teaches you to choose kindness over anything else. The main character is different than everyone else, but he gives you an inside look at his imagination. The boy doesn't let his physical disability get in the way, and he embraces his diverse appearance. The book conveys how are differences are important to who we are, and we should be proud of the things that make us unique. We should also recognize that others will be different than us, and we must embrace that as well. The important lessons in this book are great for young readers to take with them, and I think that it is perfect for any and all ages. ( )
  Caedon | Jul 14, 2021 |
This is a great picture book version of the novel Wonder by R. J. Palacios. I have read this several times at Story-time. It is a very simple story that is a great read aloud for grades PK-2. The illustrations are colorful and fun. Even though the main character has one eye, he becomes the star of the book and takes readers on an adventure into space. The book gives a positive message to children about embracing their differences. This book would fit wonderfully into a Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity curriculum. ( )
  BookwormMarie | May 18, 2021 |
Primary; Nonfiction Picture; This is a sweet story of a young boy who looks differently from other kids. He and his dog go to space together to get out of the world and remind themselves how small it is and how full of different people it is. He hopes that instead of changing the way he looks people could change the way they see and realize we're all wonders. This would be a great book for students who may feel as though they stand out negatively because of a physical or mental disability that is observable to other students. It is also a great read aloud or classroom library book. ( )
  MaggieRemy | Apr 6, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,414,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible