I Am Not Scared by Anna Kang

I Am Not Scared (edition 2017)

by Anna Kang (Author)

Series: You Are Not Small (2)

Two fuzzy creatures go to an amusement park and discover that being frightened may not be as scary as one thinks.
Member:Mkr1202

Character
Anthropomorphic
Character duos
  kmgerbig | Apr 28, 2023 |
Friends who are brave but at times are a little scared.
  0543210 | Mar 3, 2023 |
Note: I received an F&G of this book at an ALA conference. ( )
  fernandie | Sep 15, 2022 |
I like this book a lot! The story is short and to the point, while also being engaging due to the suspense presented in the story. It is about two bears who are at an amusement park. They are waiting in line trying to prove to each other that they aren't scared to ride the roller coaster, as well as the fact that there are much scarier things in the world. By the end of the story they get on the roller coaster and end up being scared. The part I enjoyed the most about this story is their reaction from their feelings of being scared. They come to a recollection at the end of the book that just because the roller coaster is scary doesn't mean that they shouldn't ride it. They end up realizing that sometimes scary things can be fun and they go on the ride again proclaiming, "I am scared." This book has a great message for kids to take away. Don't be afraid to try new, scary things because you never know how much fun they can end up being. This lesson can be related to a lot of aspects of a child's life, as they are always trying new things as they grow up. I would love to have this in a younger classroom, most likely 1st or 2nd grade. ( )
  ashleyfray | Jun 4, 2018 |
There are scarier things than roller coasters...and anyway, sometimes being scared is fun! ( )
  JennyArch | Feb 28, 2018 |

Anna Kangprimary authorall editionscalculated
Weyant, ChristopherIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Two fuzzy friends go to an amusement park. They try to convince each other that there are much scarier things than the roller coaster. Hairy spiders Aliens Fried ants They soon discover that sometimes being scared isn't as "scary" as they thought. With expressive illustrations and simple text, this giggle-inducing tale about ( not ) being scared features the endearing characters from the Theodor Seuss Geisel Award winner You Are (Not) Small .

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,063,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible