Royal Affair

by Marquita Valentine

Series: Royals in Exile (2)

1131,417,566 (4.42)None
A sheltered princess goes wild{u2014}and makes the best mistake of her life{u2014}when she falls for a roguish reporter in this fun, sexy romance from the bestselling author of Royal Scandal. Online muckraker Brooks Walker has a reputation for exposing the political elite. Now he{u2019}s set his sights on the Sinclair siblings, who{u2019}ve been embroiled in their fair share of drama ever since their exile to North Carolina. But Brooks has never been afraid to get his hands dirty{u2014}until he meets a royal wallflower at a charity ball who makes him reconsider everything. Is Brooks feeling guilty because he knows all the sordid details of her family{u2019}s history? Or because he{u2019}s putting their relationship first, before his journalistic integrity? As the g2sspareg3s twin, Princess Charlotte has always been the responsible one. So when her sister finally agrees to fulfill her duty as queen, Charlotte gives herself permission to break a few rules by flirting with the very off-limits CEO of Walker Media. Brooks is the worst sort of man to start an affair with, but Charlotte just can{u2019}t help it. The trouble is, since she{u2019}s no good at playing games, soon she{u2019}s tiara over heels in love. And when Brooks comes clean, Charlotte must decide whether his confession is worth a royal pardon. Advance praise for Royal Affair g2sSexy, quirky, and fun! This book had me intrigued from the very beginning. Marquita Valentine gives us a forbidden romance that overcomes all odds, giving us off-the-charts chemistry that{u2019}ll melt your heart.g3{u2014}sNew York Times bestselling author L. P. Dover Praise for the novels of Marquita Valentine g2sTake the Fall is a sexy, emotional, heartfelt read. I adored this book and can{u2019}t wait for the next!g3{u2014}sNew York Times bestselling author Monica Murphy g2sCrackling with tension, intrigue, and romance, this story has it all. Your heart will pound, you{u2019}ll laugh, you{u2019}ll feel, and you{u2019}ll definitely swoon.g3{u2014}sNew York Times bestselling author Katy Evans, on When We Fall g2sThis beautiful story kept me transfixed until the very end. I can{u2019}t wait to read more by Marquita Valentine!g3{u2014}sNew York Times bestselling author Krista Lakes, on After We Fall g2sMarquita Valentine strikes gold with relatable and quirky characters in Hard to Fall. She will have you fanning yourself and then reaching for the tissues as you cry from laughter.g3{u2014}sMeghan Quinn, author of Stroked Includes an excerpt from another Loveswept title.… (more)

ARC Review: Royal Affair (Royals in Exile) by Marquita Valentine

It's no hardship to read and adore Marquita Valentine. She speaks to a place in our hearts that still wants to believe that the unbelievable is possible. That an orphan with a good heart can find her Prince Charming (literally). That a princess can find happily ever after in the most unlikely of places. That's Ms. Valentine. A romantic dreamer and I am a proud fan. Royal Affair brings the beauty of a fairy tale to the realism of modern day. Charlotte is a woman searching for acceptance and happiness outside of the constraints of royalty. Brooks is a good man who makes some questionable choices. Not a likely match, but one worth experiencing all the same. Royal Affair is for the dreamer in us all. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Good book. Received as an arc although had to get the 1st book to understand what was going on. ( )
  Martha.Louise.Owen | Apr 23, 2018 |
Royal Affair by Marquita Valentine
Book #2: Royals in Exile Series
Source: Netgalley and Purchase
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Review:

If ever there was a mismatched pair . . . . .

Brooks Walker has built a social media empire and he has built it on the truth. No faking the news, no stretching the truth, no outright lies, just the simple unvarnished truth. No matter how ugly the truth, Brooks believes in his work and makes no apologies for what he puts out there. Brooks is always on the lookout for the next big story and when the royal princess, Charlotte makes him offer that will further his empire, he sees no reason to turn her down.

Princess Charlotte has never wanted attention, she’s never sought attention, and she’s certainly never wanted the throne currently occupied by her twin sister. For a blissful number of years, Charlotte and her family were hidden away on the east coast of the United States until the deplorable, the despicable, the supremely sexy, utterly irresistible Brooks Walker out them to the world. Since then, Charlotte and her family have been the center of attention and nearly every skeleton they have in their collective closet has been outed too. With nearly all the skeletons already out there, Charlotte sees no reason not to indulge in a naughty little fling with the man who caused all her family’s trouble, Brooks Walker.

Charlotte lays down the terms of their affair and dives in with both feet. The sex is spectacular and Charlotte would be content to leave it at the sex if it weren’t for the real Brooks Walker, the man behind the public persona. Brooks is confident, smart, strong, sexy, and seems to genuinely care about Charlotte. He isn’t at all what Charlotte expected and that certainly complicates matters. What’s more, when she’s with Brooks, Charlotte seems to come alive in a way she never has before. She’s stronger, more confident, and better able to stand on her own than she’s been able to in years. Inexplicably, Charlotte trusts Brooks, right up to the moment everything blows up, another skeleton comes creeping out of the royal closet, Brooks betrays Charlotte, and she runs back into the protective and scary fold that is her family.

The Bottom Line: Wow do these royals have a ton of skeletons in their collective closet and it seems like a new skeleton is going to come out in every successive read. On the surface, Charlotte and Brooks are the furthest thing from a realistic couple as they are so very different. Under the surface, Brooks and Charlotte are absolutely perfect for one another and that plays out over the course of the read. Charlotte’s inherent goodness helps Brooks remember what he was like before becoming a soul-sucking journalist and Brooks strength and support help Charlotte become a stronger more confident version of herself. With every page turn, Charlotte evolves and Brooks, for lack of a better word regresses to a better version of himself. Even Charlotte’s family eventually comes around and when they do, it is a sight to behold! Book two was a one-sitting read and a one-click pre-order and given the strength of this read, the next book will be just the same! ( )
  arthistorychick | Jun 21, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,561,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible