NKJV, Precious Moments, Precious Prayers…

NKJV, Precious Moments, Precious Prayers Bible, Hardcover: Holy Bible, New… (edition 2017)

by Thomas Nelson (Author)

512,524,926 (5)None
Member:Chantalvs
Title:NKJV, Precious Moments, Precious Prayers Bible, Hardcover: Holy Bible, New King James Version
Authors:Thomas Nelson (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2017), 1280 pages

Work Information

NKJV Precious Moments Precious Prayers Bible by Thomas Nelson

No tags

I raised my children with a standard King James Bible and yet today the thinking is that the KJV is too hard for anyone to understand, especially children. The New King James Version is a somewhat updated (today's English) version of the KJV.

In the Precious MomentsĀ® Precious Prayers NKJV Bible, the publisher has the entire text of the Bible, study aids, and included colorful pages of classic poetic prayers for the young child. The artistic theme is that of the Precious MomentsĀ® category and brand. It is lovely. It is age appropriate. The prayers are worth reading and memorizing and will guide a child's thoughts toward God and belief in Him.

The Bible text itself is one that the young child (with parental guidance for respect and careful handling) can use throughout his or her childhood. The text size is 9.5 which is pretty good for reading. The pages of the Biblical text are, however, very thin and the text on the reverse side somewhat visible. This is a concern.

I personally prefer that the King James or the New King James versions be used rather than a "watered down" children's version to teach the young child God's Word. Bible "storybooks" that water down the actual text are great and serve a wonderful purpose. But when we teach a child to love, honor, and respect God's Word, let's give the child a true copy of God's Word. That, I believe, is the purpose of this NKJV Precious MomentsĀ® Precious Prayers Bible.

Please note in the product information below that this is a full-text Bible with eight pages for the child's personalized special moments, and 64 full color pages of classic children's prayers. Also, there is extra material about how the Bible came to us, how to begin reading the Bible, getting to know God, maps, and much more.

Some prayers included are.....

Lord, teach this little child to pray,
And now accept my prayer;
Thou hearest every word I say,
For Thou art everywhere.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray;
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven to live with Thee there.

Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy from the BookLook review program on behalf of the publisher to facilitate a review of my honest opinions which are freely given. ( )
  VeraGodley | Feb 22, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,140,076 books! | Top bar: Always visible