Imago (Volume 1) by N. R. Walker

by N. R. Walker

Series: Imago (1)

193766,200 (3.54)None

2.5 stars
It was too short for the characters or plot to have any kind of depth, and it was cavity sweet and insta-love. Which is all fine if you're in the mood for that kind of story. I wasn't though. So, you know... meh :/ ( )
  NannyOgg13 | May 26, 2018 |
DNF @ 67%

This was my status update at 63%:
So far: talk about job, describe dinner in detail, make out, go home and REPEAT again the next day. And the day after that. And the day after THAT.

There is absolutely nothing interesting going on here.

Huge bummer, because I loved this author's [b:Red Dirt Heart|20818091|Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt, #1)|N.R. Walker|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1392529986s/20818091.jpg|40164003] Series and [b:The Thomas Elkin Series|27234595|The Thomas Elkin Series|N.R. Walker|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1445251939s/27234595.jpg|47281592]. Those were all mostly five star books for me.
  AddictedReader28 | Oct 19, 2017 |
Perhaps it is because I have never typically read romance fiction I was unprepared for the amount cheesiness. By the end of the book I found myself physically rolling my eyes at the level of cheese this book was serving. When you are giving butterfly kisses to a butterfly expert....it's just a bit much.
It just felt so far out of the realm of realism I had such a hard time connecting with anything, from the characters, to the plot, to the dialogue, to the over the top sex scenes. Everything was just too easy and too perfect. These two guys have never met anyone more attractive. When they have sex, they've never felt pleasure like that in their lives, and so on and so forth. It's just not realistic or believable and so for me just makes it non enjoyable.
Again, I don't read romances so I don't really know if this is the way romances generally go, or if this is cheesy even on romance standards. Either way, I just wasn't feeling it at all. ( )
  Kiddboyblue | Jun 27, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,914,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible