The Eighth Day: Vol.1 by M M Dos Santos

by M M Dos Santos

212,551,640 (2)None
Recently added byfirefly7522, AReneeHunt

No tags.

As my warning states, this book is not for everyone. It's of the horror genre, but I wouldn't quite call it horror. The Eighth Day, by M. M. Dos Santos is a book like no other. The story is really three in one, I guess. It focuses on a girl and her family's strict Jehovah's Witness practices. Lili's hearing voices and seeing things that no teenager should see, but she's not the only one. Other people about the area and things hear them too. They all play a particular part in the message that's being sent and all of it is vulgar, violent and disgusting. For example, one of the characters, Arnold is being lead by voices to play with his victims. But his idea of playing is torturing and brutally raping girls and women, then mutilating them.

All of this is supposedly taking place because Armageddon has come and gone with no appearance from God. Each occurrence is part of a plan taking root, by the demons who reside on earth.

This book, to me, could have been magnificent. The premise wasn't lost on me, but the way it was carried out and the things that took place, were monstrous! None of it made me squirm or fidget, it was purely disgusting. I won't say what he did, but when you think on all the cruelty in the world, then read what this guy does- it was too much for me. That's not scary. That's sickening. Very, very sickening.
I'm not going to lie, this book did nothing for me. There have been just two books that were so gross, I was unhappy with them, and one I stopped reading. It was not entertainment to me and the horror wasn't horror at all. Well, let me rephrase that: What took place was horrific but not the kind I enjoy reading about. It took me way too long to read this because I couldn't look forward to it.

I didn't like any of the characters and I couldn't care for them one bit. None were even likable. The main character, Lili was in complete denial, whether she was agnostic, a Jehovah’s Witness or whatever she’d imagined. And she knew playing with the demonic readings only invited the nightmares, but she did it anyway. As for Arnold, the character who enjoyed raping and mutilating women, he was pure evil to the core. The author tried to explain why he was the way he was, but it didn’t help to care for him either.
I'm sorry, I have nothing good to really say on this book, but the author was very creative and knew what he wanted to bring about. It simply wasn't for me.
I'm off to the next read!
*Full review: www.areneehunt.com
The Eighth Day
M. M. Dos Santos
M. M. Dos Santos, Amazon Digital Services
June 1, 2016 ( )
  AReneeHunt | Feb 23, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0995196729, Hardcover)

Armageddon has come and gone.

Wickedness reigns.

There is no hope here.

This is The Eighth day.

Lili walks a fine line between what's real and what's not. Her religious parents try to fix her disturbing fantasies with prayers and scriptures. But Lili isn't suffering from fantasies, and her family isn't going to be able to save her as she fights for her sanity and for her life. The whispers are real, the nightmares are more than what they seem, and The Being waiting in the shadows wants to pull her into the darkness forever.

But reality is much more sinister than any of her nightmares. Lili isn't the only one who hears whispers in the dark. Her parents pray to a god who has abandoned them. The demons do not live in the bible, nor do they hide in the shadows any longer. They are in minds of men. Whispering in their ears, a part of their very souls.

The whispers become louder, the nightmares bleed into reality, and this presence refuses to be ignored.

A twisted and disturbing journey through the dark side of humanity, The Eighth Day (Vol.1) is an epic tale of extreme horror that will terrorize your waking thoughts and haunt your dreams long after you've turned your last page.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 23 Feb 2017 14:53:42 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,738,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible