Winter (Lunar) by Marissa Meyer

Winter (Lunar) (edition 2015)

by Marissa Meyer (Author)

Member:GoldieBug
Title:Winter (Lunar)
Authors:Marissa Meyer (Author)
Info:Feiwel & Friends (2015), 832 pages
Collections:Your library, Teen Books

Winter by Marissa Meyer (Author)

English (123)  German (1)  All languages (124)
Listened to audio narrated by Rebecca Soler. Hints of Snow White, Winter is Levana's step daughter, who loves a guard she grew up with. Levana's crazy continues, Linh and crew plan to rescue Cress and over throw Levana. Lots of things reminding me of Hunger Games. Very see-sawing with the group getting ahead, then losing ground, it was tiring and before the halfway point I was over it and just wanted the story finished.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Hallelujah that’s over! Gah!! I’m being generous with the three stars. It only gets three, because HEA was good.

Never mind, I’m changing it to two. An HEA isn’t worth suffering through 833 pages of long winded back and forth and...psych! That’s not it, it’s not over, check the bottom right of your screen, you’re not even at 50% yet! You’ve got dozens of these moments to come. After LONG slogs through blah blah blah.

I loved the first three books of the series. This was WAY too long for what it was, with plot holes and loads of stupid stuff. I hated most of it. The bits I didn’t got it two stars. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
It dragged a bit at times, but served well as a wrap-up of the adventures of the fractured fairy tales in space opera. ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
An Amazing Finale!! I absolutely loved Winter. I loved the series!
I'm gonna miss them all so much.
I loved the couples
I love the friendships
I loved Thorne
Thorne, oh Thorne
“A kiss from the Captain would probably melt my central processor.”
Thorne winked at her. “Oh trust me. It would.”

“Did you see any rice in there? Maybe we could fill Cinder's head with it."

Everyone stared at him.

"You know, to...absorb the moisture, or something. Isn't that a thing?"

"We're not putting rice in my head.”

“Scarlet and I are going to start a missing-fingers club. We might let Cinder be an honorary member.”

At first I thought Winter was scary and nutty as fruitcake but I learned to love her cute little remarks

“Winter reached over and pulled the pilot’s harness over Scarlet’s head. “Safety first, Scarlet-friend. We are fragile things.”

I loved Wolf and Scarlet and their relationship. I didn't like them in [b:Scarlet|13206760|Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)|Marissa Meyer|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1470056982s/13206760.jpg|18390691] but in Winter...the scene where Wolf crabs Winter who's wearing Scarlet's hoodie and then they're reunited....ahhh THE FEELS!!! Scarlet was such a badass and a total hero.
“You're the only one Ze'ev Kelsey. You'll always be the only one.”

But Cress and Thorne and their relationship was probably my favourite. They were so cuteee!

I loved Kai and Cinder!!!
“In fact,” Cinder continued, “my understanding is that, under Kai—Emperor Kai—Kaito?” She raised her eyebrows at him, realizing this was the first time she’d ever been expected to be formal in his presence.

In response, Kai looked like he wanted to laugh. She glared at him.”

Iko. She was such a fangirl, I loved her.
The Lunars' reactions to Iko were also so hilarious.
“He gave Cress a quick farewell embrace, then pulled Iko into a hug. Iko squeaked, frozen. When Kai pulled away, Iko looked from him,to Cinder, then back. Her eyes suddenly rolled up into her head and she collapsed onto the floor.”
  gwengaudet | May 24, 2019 |
An Amazing Finale!! I absolutely loved Winter. I loved the series!
I'm gonna miss them all so much.
I loved the couples
I love the friendships
I loved Thorne
Thorne, oh Thorne
“A kiss from the Captain would probably melt my central processor.”
Thorne winked at her. “Oh trust me. It would.”

“Did you see any rice in there? Maybe we could fill Cinder's head with it."

Everyone stared at him.

"You know, to...absorb the moisture, or something. Isn't that a thing?"

"We're not putting rice in my head.”

“You're the only one Ze'ev Kelsey. You'll always be the only one.”

I loved Kai and Cinder!!!

In response, Kai looked like he wanted to laugh. She glared at him.”

Iko. She was such a fangirl, I loved her.
The Lunars' reactions to Iko were also so hilarious.
  gwengaudet | May 24, 2019 |

Meyer, MarissaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deas, RichDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
O., MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Soler, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jesse, who turns every day into a happily ever after.
Winter's toes had become ice cubes.

AR Level 5.9, 33 pts

Princess Winter, admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, teams up with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, to defeat Queen Levana and find their happily ever afters.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,631,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible