Saga ksiÄĹzycowa Tom 4. Winter - Marissa…

Saga ksiÄĹzycowa Tom 4. Winter - Marissa Mayer [KSIÄĹťKA] (edition 2020)

by Marissa Meyer (Author)

Princess Winter, admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, teams up with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, to defeat Queen Levana and find their happily ever afters.
Member:melodyun
Title:Saga ksiÄĹzycowa Tom 4. Winter - Marissa Mayer [KSIÄĹťKA]
Authors:Marissa Meyer (Author)
Info:Papierowy ksiezyc (2020), 864 pages

Work Information

Winter by Marissa Meyer

This was hands-down my most anticipated book of the year. I had read and loved each of the previous books in the series as they were published and I had this preordered as soon as Amazon would let me.

This book was great. I loved seeing all the old characters again and watching everything resolve. But where each of the previous books was a five star book, this wasn't. Which wasn't to say that I didn't love the book and stayed up way past when I should have been asleep reading it -- it just, to my mind, didn't grab me as much as the previous ones. I think the main reason for that was that there was so much going on. Because Meyer had to resolve everything, there wasn't as much time to spend with Winter as we had with the other characters.

That isn't to say that is a negative! I still loved the book. But I felt I had to explain why this book only garnered four stars after the rest of the series' fives.

I'm sad the series is over because I loved it so much. It seems like there are still stories to tell in this universe, especially given the political ramifications that are brought up at the end of the book. Maybe Meyer will explore those at a later date, but I'm still happy if she doesn't. (Also, I completely understand that not everybody loves reading political machinations in their fantasy/science fiction like me.) ( )
  wisemetis | Sep 16, 2022 |
Loved the ending (maybe?) to this series! Brought all the characters you love together in an exciting way. ( )
  panamamama | Aug 2, 2022 |
I first started this series years ago shortly after Scarlet came out, but never got to finish it until now and I’ve got to say that I’m not disappointed. It is an interesting blend of futuristic Sci-Fi with old fairytales which is not something you would typically think would go well together but is crafted so wonderfully the Lunar Chronicles. The characters are interesting and loveable, the conflict believable and fast paced with a gripping conclusion. Overall, an amazing book and series
  Oblivionsdream | Jul 18, 2022 |
This wrapped up the series in an entirely satisfying way. It didn't take me long to get back up to speed on what was happening. There was plenty of POV from all the characters from all four books. Everyone had the opportunity to shine in their own way. Hard to pick a favorite from so many great characters but I particularly liked Thorne and Iko and Wolf and... ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
For some reason despite liking the first 3 books I found the concluding book almost unreadable. I think perhaps the author's skill is in introducing new characters and not so much on developing the plot, because as soon as the final character was introduced I lost all interest in the conclusion. ( )
  mvolz | Jul 10, 2022 |

Marissa Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Deas, RichDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
O., MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Soler, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jesse, who turns every day into a happily ever after.
Winter's toes had become ice cubes.

AR Level 5.9, 33 pts

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,193,355 books! | Top bar: Always visible