What Doesn't Kill You by Ed. James

What Doesn't Kill You

by Ed. James

I won this KINDLE version in a GOODREADS giveaway - What Doesn't Kill You (DI Fenchurch, #3) by Ed James. ( )
  tenamouse67 | Jan 6, 2018 |
Found it a little difficult to get into it at the start but this was perhaps because it was the first audio book I've listened to. Well plotted story which delves into the history of the first two books,I presume, both of which i haven't read. Enjoyed the book and will visit the series again. ( )
  laisyleeola | Sep 21, 2017 |
This is the third book in the London-based police procedural about DI Simon Fenchurch. Preferably, they should be read in order because a major part involves the arc about Fenchurch's missing daughter, Chloe, which has run through all the books. I think previous knowledge of all the characters involved would definitely make this more enjoyable.
This one starts with the murder of a female lawyer who was last seen catching a taxi using an app-based service. A suspect is soon apprehended, but the story really takes off after that and becomes Fenchurch's most twisted and hazardous case as well as his most personal one yet.
This series has been steadily getting better. I once again enjoyed how the author inserts little snippets of topics that very nicely pinpoint the story in time and place (the mayor of London, Euro 2016 competition etc.) It's really fast-paced and full of energy. A few times I felt it was all getting a little too overdramatic and the latter part of it stretched credibility. Fenchurch's very active and not-by-the-book participation in cases that are so closely linked to him seems unrealistic but if you can get over that, then this is a gripping crime drama with a complex storyline and a shedload of action. ( )
  Pet12 | Apr 28, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,925,307 books! | Top bar: Always visible