Lost Rider (The Coming Home Series)

by Harper Sloan

619333,843 (3.83)None
Maverick Austin Davis is forced to return home after a ten-year career as a rodeo star. After one too many head injuries, hes off the circuit and in the horse farming business, something he's never taken much of a shine to, but now that its his late father's legacy, familial duty calls. How will Maverick find his way after the only dream he ever had for himself is over? Enter Leighton Elizabeth James, an ugly duckling turned beauty from Mavericks childhood, his younger sisters best friend, to be exact, and someone whose heart he stomped all over when she confessed her crush to him ten years back. Now Leighton is back in Maverick's life, no longer the insecure, love-stricken teen and Maverick can't help but take notice. Sparks fly between them, but will Leighton be able to open her heart to the one man who broke it all those years ago?… (more)

First time reading this author and I find I like her style.

Characters are lovable and you get caught up in their story. Feisty female meets stubborn, lost male.

Would I read more from her....I plan on it. ( )
  ChachaJ | Feb 1, 2021 |
What I did like about this story is although Maverick has been on a scene where he could have slept with plenty of women that has not been his way. How refreshing.
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
I received this from Netgalley.com as an Advance Readers Copy.

I totally loved this book, Her characters had love and a good sense of humor, I was gunning for someone to hit Maverick and I was so glad that someone did, what a real jerk he was in the beginning. Jana and Quinn had me laughing with their comments to Leighton. I can't wait for more of this Series to come.
  catja25 | Jul 11, 2020 |
If you are a sucker for second chance romance, Lost Rider needs to be at the top of your TBR. Their story is one for the ages! See full review on The Book Disciple ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
I LOVE me some Harper Sloan!! I was so excited I finally got around to reading this book! *sigh* I wanna marry Maverick...seriously. I know Harper said this was a BIG step out of her comfort zone, and I am here to say she nailed it. I love this story of two people that should have been together for years, and were not due to stubborness. The characters were so alive, and well developed and the story...I am a sucker for cowboys, was just wonderful. So do yourself a favor and read this. This story is told in alternating views. ( )
  KGarner | Aug 4, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,012,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible