Ashley: A Sweet Mail-Order Bride Romance…

Ashley: A Sweet Mail-Order Bride Romance (Brides of Cinnabar) (Volume 1)

by Kate Connors

115,450,815 (4)None
Recently added bytarenn

Ashley: A Sweet Mail-Order Bride Romance (Brides of Cinnabar Book 1) by Kate Connors is a sweet, heartwarming tale of life, and challenges on the Western frontier. Definitely, promises to be an interesting and intriguing series! Set in Cinnabar, Montana, which is on the outskirts of Yellowstone Park. A debut author, and what a debut!

Mal McElhoes purchases a sheep herd on the spur-of-the-moment, which may not have been such as great an idea, as he first thought. He keeps losing his ranch hands and his herd due to the railway coming through. His companion, is a smart, savvy and loyal, border collie, named, Cindy.
Ashley Sullivan's from Portsmouth, New Hampshire where her prospects are bleak, especially, with her family fallen on hard times. A secret she as held within within her heart....she would like to run her own boarding house one day. What's a girl to do, when she wishes not to be a burden to her family....become a mail order sheep rancher's bride, of course. She is business savvy, smart, can run the buckhouse, and her organizational skills are great. She is also looking for a grand adventure of her own. So when she is offered this mail order bride position she accepts without a second thought.
Trouble and danger is on the horizon for this young, newly married couple...
Ashley and Mal run into a few difficulties along the way, someone is running off their sheep, the construction on the National Pacific Railroad nearby brings new opportunities but also brings problems, as danger lurks, they could lose everything. They have to work together to save their ranch, face danger head on, and learn to accept each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Steady paced, well written tale with many emotions and a unique mail order bride read, I don't think I've read a story where the ranch involves sheep not cattle, which made it even more interesting, to me. The characters were entertaining, strong-willed, determined, likeable and realistic. The cast of characters were a great contrast of troublesome, witty and strong characters, which definitely added to the appeal of "Ashley". There were some laugh-out-moments.
Kate Connors is a debut author, and I thoroughly enjoyed her charactization, her detail to history, her writing style and her ability to draw me into the story and hold me glued to the pages, as I read Mal and Ashley's story. Definitely an author to watch for in the future! A page turner, with grit, substance and clean romance. A heartwarming and uplifting story of life's challenges, struggles, hope, triumphs, trials, and the thrill of finding acceptance, love and sweet romance. An absolute great read! This story leads the reader into the next grand adventure of the "Brides of Cinnabar" series, which I can't wait to read!

Pick up "Ashley", for your next Western Historical Romance read. Strongly recommended for fans of Sweet, Clean romance, Western Historical romance with a few twists, a bit of mystery, suspense, and HEA. Great job, Kate Connors! !
Rating: 4
Heat rating: Sweet/Clean
Reviewed by: AprilR ( )
  tarenn | Feb 24, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,823,576 books! | Top bar: Always visible