May I Have a Word? by Caron Levis

May I Have a Word?

by Caron Levis

Other authors: Andy Rash (Illustrator)

reading, sounds, letters ... ( )
  melodyreads | Sep 25, 2017 |
The letters C and K get into a huge argument in this creative alphabet book from author Caron Levis and illustrator Andy Rush, resulting in hurt feelings and a refusal to work together any more. The others letters are dismayed at this turn of events. How will they form words like socks and picket, if C and K won't get together? Fortunately, the letter N has an idea, and uses the power of storytelling to reconcile the erstwhile friends to one another...

After loving Caron Levis' Ida, Always, an immensely poignant picture-book examination of loss and grief, I was curious to pick up her latest, which is in a somewhat different vein. May I Have a Word? is a lighthearted exploration of the alphabet, and of the importance of learning to cooperate with one another. The artwork by Andy Rush is colorful and fun, matching the tone of the text well. Recommended to anyone looking for entertaining and engaging alphabet books that present more of a story, rather than just a list of letters. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jun 9, 2017 |

Caron Levisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rash, AndyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

A battle of the magnet letters ensues across the refrigerator door in May I Have a Word? when C and K get into a fight about who gets to start the cooler (kooler?) words.

The letters C and K have an argument when K accuses C of stealing all the good words that start with the "k" sound.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,849,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible