No Safe Place by Mary Head

by Mary Head

222,551,640 (3.5)None
Recently added byMontzaleeW, JoAB

No tags.

No Safe Place by Mary Head is a good story and the plot and characters kept me going, I thought it had a lot of the same FBI daughter gets kidnapped vibe. But...the story did keep me reading so there is that. I gave it a 3 1/2 rounding it up to 4 stars. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Oct 4, 2017 |
Hannah was raised by her father, David Cole, who was an FBI agent. He had taught her how to fight and look after herself so when she got kidnapped by one of David's enemies, she wasn't a weak, damsel in distress type woman but looked for any chance to fight or get away from her captors. While Hannah was trying to survive this frightening ordeal, many FBI agents were trying to find her, including her father, even though he wasn't supposed to have anything to do with the case.

We eventually find out who took her and why but that doesn't help to feel afraid for this young woman. One of her captors is angry and not thinking too clearly about the whole situation. That adds to the tension in this story.

Having the FBI take the case didn't seem right, especially because everyone on the team knew Hannah so well. It was clearly a conflict of interest and they should not have been given the case. David obviously loved his daughter deeply and couldn't sit back while the team looked for Hannah. Having so many agents help him get information and secretly working with him didn't feel right to me. I couldn't get around that these agents would risk their careers to help him, no matter how great he was. One thing that was really annoying was how perfect Hannah was. Apparently, everybody loved her as soon as they met her. Having pictures of her all over the house was tedious. Basically, if someone got kidnapped, anybody who knew them would want to find them whether they were Miss Wonderful or not.

I enjoyed the plot of this mystery that I got through Kindle Scout. ( )
  JoAB | Feb 24, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,167,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible