Pregnant by Mr. Wrong by Rachael Johns
212,551,640 (4.5)None
Recently added bybirdsam0610, cyncie

Rachael Johns is my queen of go-to fiction whether it be rural romance, life lit (aka women’s fiction) or contemporary romance. Her stories are always absorbing, fun, detailed and have that magical sparkle. Pregnant by Mr Wrong is her second title for Harlequin Mills & Boon and is a sweet romance with hints of passion. There are trust issues, a secret pregnancy and a bad boy hero with a secret.

The heroine of the novel is Bailey, who we met in the first story about the McKinnels (A Dog and a Diamond / It’s Not You, It’s Her). She’s the one who hired Chelsea, the Breakup Girl to dump Callum McKinnel. Now Bailey has a problem not even Chelsea can fix. One night of passion with Quinn McKinnel (aka Callum’s brother) has turned into pregnancy. Bailey wants the child, but she doesn’t want a bad boy for the father. And Quinn is known throughout Jewell Rock as a super bad boy… When Quinn finds out Bailey’s secret in the most unconventional of ways, he’s determined to prove that he’s really a good guy. Can Quinn and Bailey get it together, and stay together?

It’s the little quirks that really made Pregnant by Mr Wrong for me. I love a good agony aunt, and Aunt Bossy is one of the best. Plus the truth of her identity is somewhat surprising! I loved the ways in which Quinn tried to prove his good guy status to Bailey, such as inventing a surprise party for his mum, complete with handmade invitations that he and Bailey just have to make together. He’s doing his best and then some. Bailey is also a strong character. She knows what she wants and she won’t take Quinn at face value. In fact, she’s happy to show to him the full force of her anger! The writing is smooth with memorable characters. This is not your standard category romance – it’s a fun romance ride that cleverly packs a lot on to the page.

I also liked how the family dynamics of the McKinnels wasn’t glossed over – it’s awkward when your ex-fiance falls pregnant to your brother and there are going to be some growing pains. I hope the McKinnels have some more strength in that respect because when Bailey explodes with the relationship issues of all the siblings, it seems like things are only going to get more complicated! (I for one can’t wait.)

A fun read that has me eagerly waiting for the next in the series!

http://samstillreading.wordpress.com ( )
  birdsam0610 | Mar 11, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373623364, Mass Market Paperback)

Dear Aunt Bossy,

It's no secret that my world turned upside down when I learned an impulsive night of passion left me pregnant. And the dad? He's the devil-may-care brother of my former fiancé. He's a heartbreaker of a man who swept me off my feet—again—before he learned I was in the family way. But our romantic reunion might not have been as unplanned as I thought.

Aunt Bossy, I don't want a man who's with me just because he feels it's his duty. I want him to be as smitten with me as he is with the idea of becoming a father. As head over heels with me as I am with him…

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 11 Mar 2017 21:55:13 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,070,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible