200 Fun Things to Crochet: Decorative…

200 Fun Things to Crochet: Decorative Flowers, Leaves, Bugs, Butterflies,…

by Lesley Stanfield

213,663,697 (5)None
Recently added bybookworm_naida

200 Fun Things to Crochet: Decorative Flowers, Leaves, Bugs, Butterflies, and More!has a nice variety of crochet patterns all inspired by nature. The patterns are divided into sections for flowers, plants, sea life, critters and blocks. The section titled “Flower Garden” has patterns for a variety of pretty flowers like Chrysanthemum, Narcissus, Marigold and Forget-Me-Not. There is also a special section of various beautiful Sunflower patterns.

The Plant Life section includes patterns for clover, mushrooms and even squash. Cute Critters has patterns for lady bugs, butterflies, a spider and a bumblebee among many others. The Under The Sea section, my favorite, has creative patterns like anemone, hammerhead shark and even angler fish. Lastly, there is a Floral Blocks section which is really nice and contains hexagons, squares, circles, diamonds and triangles to crochet.

The patterns are well written and the book itself is nicely organized containing crisp, clear photos of all the projects. I whipped up a few hexagons and I found the pattern easy to follow.

At the end of the book there is a section of finishing techniques with helpful information on weaving in ends, blocking, and embroidering. I like that there are quick odds and ends to whip up here, many of these small projects can be used as embellishments on bags, scarves, hats, etc.

Overall, 200 Fun Things to Crochet: Decorative Flowers, Leaves, Bugs, Butterflies, and More! is a terrific resource for creative and cute crochet patterns. I love having this one on my shelves and will definitely be working up more of these projects. For the knitters, there is 200 Fun Things To Knit, which looks equally adorable.

Special thanks to St. Martin’s Press for my copy of 200 Fun Things to Crochet: Decorative Flowers, Leaves, Bugs, Butterflies, and More! .

+++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer: I did not receive any kind of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. I am under no obligation to write a positive review. I received my free copy of 200 Fun Things to Crochet: Decorative Flowers, Leaves, Bugs, Butterflies, and More! via St. Martin’s Press.
https://bookwormnai.wordpress.com/2017/02/25/200-fun-things-to-crochet/ ( )
  bookworm_naida | Feb 25, 2017 |

If you ever find yourself wondering what to crochet next, then just open this book, and youre guaranteed to find the answer. 200 Fun Things to Crochet is an irresistible collection of cute little crochet projects for all levels of ability. Containing a mix of beautiful projects inspired by naturecrochet flowers, birds, bugs, leaves, and even sea creaturesas well as a collection of charming floral squares, youll want to pick up your hook, sort through your yarn stash, and get started right away. The 200 projects are quick to make, use hardly any yarn, and are perfect as stylish embellishments, to give away as a gift or to keep for yourself!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,918,776 books! | Top bar: Always visible