Pedal Power: How One Community Became the…

Pedal Power: How One Community Became the Bicycle Capital of the World

by Allan Drummond

Great story!! ( )
  melodyreads | Jul 26, 2018 |
First off, let me just say that I wish more cities would take to being more about cycling than cars. I think it is important that we take our carbon footprint more seriously. I wonder why the book didn't address this further.
Secondly, I think this book is wonderful, especially right now for children seeing marches on television currently. Standing up for what you believe doesn't always have to be violent or scary. Peaceful protests are beautiful things that need to be done for democracy to work. I loved the way this book was illustrated and put together, it was almost like a comic book. ( )
  MeganSchneider | Mar 28, 2017 |

Cycling rules the road in Amsterdam today, but that wasn't always the case. In the 1970's, Amsterdam was so crowded with vehicles that bicyclists could hardly move, but moms and kids relied on their bicycles to get around the city. PEDAL POWER is the story of the people who led protests against the unsafe streets and took over a vehicles-only tunnel on their bikes, showing what a little pedal power could do! Author and illustrator Allan Drummond returns with the story of the people that paved the way for safe biking around the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 28 Mar 2017 14:01:01 -0400)

"Pedal Power is the story of the people who led protests against the unsafe streets and took over a vehicles-only tunnel on their bikes, showing what a little pedal power could do!"--Publisher.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,801,293 books! | Top bar: Always visible