Dreambird by E. H. Everdene

by E. H. Everdene

421,664,912 (4.5)None

When the dreambird missed a dream of Antar it floated down to Antaria where she cherished it until it popped. Losing the image of the stranger her soul loved before she even knows him, dried up her sweet song that once floated to the ears of Antar. Determined to get to his soul mate, Antar convinces the dreambird to carry him to Antaria in the barren tundra world. But the distracting love and beauty of these two soul mates leave them victim to a cruel fate that not even the power of love and dreams can fix for many, many years.

Dreambird is a mythological tale of the Antar star in the Scorpio constellation. A bittersweet love story.

I like this story because it's an answer to a question in a magical way, like all mythologies. This would make a great bedtime story. I only have two critiques: the setting was confusing and it didn’t tell enough of the story. There are three worlds described in this story and they flow seamlessly from one to the other in the description. At first read, I didn’t understand that Antar and Antaria are in two different worlds and it is one of the things that keep them from connecting. The setting description becomes muddled a little. Also, we don’t learn anything about this cruel ruler who seals the fate of the two soulmates. We learn how the constellation is formed by not why he is so eager to keep things just as they are.

Despite the setting, I did enjoy this story and can see it as a favorite bedtime read. Because of its slightly grim fate, it puts me in the mind of Greek and Roman mythologies of old.

Dreambirds gets 4/5. ( )
  ByChallaF | Jun 23, 2017 |
Dreambird is a beautifully told myth about the formation of the binary star system Antares. It reads like an ancient myth passed down through the ages. Like all myths, it is rather sad. A tale of love, tragedy and overcoming insurmountable odds. I have now read two books by E.H. Everdene and loved them both. This is an author to watch.

Summary: Highly recommended to lovers of myth and fairytales.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book via a LibraryThing giveaway. ( )
  SukiSu | May 28, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

E. H. Everdene's book Dreambird was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

E. H. Everdene is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,085,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible