In a Perfect World by Trish Doller

In a Perfect World

by Trish Doller

I loved the vivid descriptions of Cairo's people and places and the slow-building relationship between Caroline and Adam as their attraction evolves into the finding of common ground and personal growth. As always, Trish Doller's writing is a treat.
  chronic | Mar 21, 2018 |
"In A Perfect World" was a nice story set in Egypt. While I liked the romance between Caroline and Adam as they struggled with cultural differences, my favourite part of the book was definitely the setting. I have always wanted to visit this ancient country and I loved seeing the beauty of Cairo through Caroline's eyes.

I also liked the many references to Egyptian food, traditions, religion and culture. The author has certainly done her research. She brought the city alive. Even though the ending was an unrealistic happily-ever-after one, I found the book to be a gentle read with an important message about tolerance and acceptance. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jul 7, 2017 |

When her mother has the chance to establish an eye clinic for the poor in Cairo, Egypt, seventeen-year-old Caroline reluctantly gives up her plans for a summer spent with her best friend and boyfriend and instead moves to Cairo, where she encounters a culture and city that enchant her and a charming boy who challenges her thoughts on love, faith, and privilege.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,753,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible