Bonfires by Amy Lane

Audio: 8 (9h 34min)
To re-read: 6

“-I can’t even.
-Can’t even what?
-That’s a complete sentence nowadays. It drives me fucking crazy. I can’t even”

At first I thought of the book “family unit” the running and such. The counsel thing reminded of “Out-foxed”. The oldest daughter situation reminded me of “Cherish and blessed”. The two teens is like “Foxe tail”.
Sigh was so excited to read this book. Alas I was disappointed. Two middle aged hot men, bitchy women, understanding folks, bigoted folks, spaghilli, and soy hotdogs

Isn’t the house with the swimming pool is way better?? ( )
  lulumiami | Sep 3, 2017 |

Amy Laneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andreose, ValentinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russo, Nick J.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Ten years ago Sheriff's Deputy Aaron George lost his wife and moved to Colton, hoping growing up in a small town would be better for his children. He's gotten to know his community, including Mr. Larkin, the bouncy, funny science teacher. But when Larx is dragged unwillingly into administration, he stops coaching the track team and starts running alone. Aaron-who thought life began and ended with his kids-is distracted by a glistening chest and a principal running on a dangerous road. Larx has been living for his kids too-and for his students at Colton High. He's not ready to be charmed by Aaron, but when they start running together, he comes to appreciate the deputy's steadiness, humor, and complete understanding of Larx's priorities. Children first, job second, his own interests a sad last. It only takes one kiss for two men approaching fifty to start acting like teenagers in love, even amid all the responsibilities they shoulder. Then an act of violence puts their burgeoning relationship on hold. The adult responsibilities they've embraced are now instrumental in keeping their town from exploding. When things come to a head, they realize their newly forged family might be what keeps the world from spinning out of control.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,688,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible