Cross Checked (Shots On Goal Standalone…

Cross Checked (Shots On Goal Standalone Series Book 2)

by Kristen Hope Mazzola

422,479,916 (4.13)None
One accident - a freaking car crash. That's all it took to send my life into a tailspin.Little did I know that out of the wreckage, everything would fall into place. I would get everything I had ever worked for.Little did I know that I would find the woman who would cross check my life, flipping everything upside down.Even though she's melting the ice that surrounds my heart, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Will I ever be able to find my footing or am I destined to stay pinned against the boards?Note: Cross Checked is the second book in the Shots On Goal Series. It can be read as a standalone, has a happily ever after, and does not have a cliffhanger. There are character crossovers from Hat Trick (book one in the series) which is also a standalone with a HEA and no cliffhanger.… (more)
Recently added byMagicalRi, pcorrea3, dlynch

No tags.

Cross Checked is book 2 in the Shots on Goal Series. The follow-up to Hat Trick, this is pretty much a time overlap in most places, from the time of Myla’s accident where Brayden meets Kayla who is the ICU nurse on duty. Kayla is in a relationship at the time, which goes horrible wrong.

Fast forward a few years when they meet again at the dog rescue adoption. Brayden and Kayla hit it off immediately. Their relationship blossomed quickly, like they were meant to be from the day they met all those years ago.

Throw in some hockey and some Myla and Gavin fun and you have the perfect book. Awesome quick read for a chilly Sunday afternoon!
  pcorrea3 | May 30, 2018 |
Kristen Hope Mazzola’s CROSS CHECKED is a fantastic follow up to HAT TRICK. This was Brayden Cox' and Karla McAdams' story. After a horrible car accident, Brandon was left to raise his sister Myla, whose story was told in HAT TRICK, along with Brayden’s teammate, Gavin Hayes. Karla was Myla’s ICU nurse after the car accident. Both stories take place around the same timeframe. CROSS CHECKED is told from both Brayden and Karla’s point of view.

Mazzola does a great job with her character development. They are believable and very human. I like Karla. She had a horrible childhood and went through a difficult time with her previous boyfriend. She is a strong and compassionate individual. I enjoyed hearing Brayden’s side to the story and finding out what was going on with him. He is protective and caring of those he loves. I love how Karla and Brayden reconnect at the dog rescue event, especially since they adopt a husky. I am a husky owner and very partial to the breed. Karla and Brayden have great chemistry. I love how they interact with each other.

The plot was exciting and carefully thought out. There were some interesting connections throughout the story. There was some overlap with HAT TRICK, but it was fun seeing the story from a different perspective. The hockey scenes are well done. There were some unexpected twists. I enjoyed the ending. The story was well resolved. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ( )
  dlynch | Feb 26, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,748,457 books! | Top bar: Always visible