When God Says Wait: navigating…

When God Says "Wait": navigating life’s detours and delays without…

by Elizabeth Laing Thompson

194765,443 (4.75)None

Waiting

This book couldn't have come to me at a better time. It was and is what I need to help get me through my "waiting period". I will definitely use this as a reference with my bible when having prayer time. ( )
  ShellyM71 | Mar 22, 2018 |
This book saw me through a particularly rough time in my life. Ms. Thompson writes in a clear, direct style; clearly she understands what I'm going through because she's lived it herself. I appreciate her candor (I know I'm not alone in my struggles) along with her practical advice and reassurance. ( )
  meacoleman | Apr 18, 2017 |
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
When God says "Wait" by Elizabeth Laing Thompson, © 2017
Navigating life's detours and delays without losing your faith, your friends, or your mind

When God Says "Wait"
Published March 1, 2017, by Shiloh Run Press ~ Today is Release Day!!!

My Review:

Worship will minister to you in ways you don't even know you need. It will fill holes in your soul you don't realize you have, gaps you can't fill yourself.
When God Says "Wait," 44.

So much J*O*Y awaits us when God's best appears to us ~ at just the right time.

With gladness of heart, so joyful to know God has our steps before us and He leads us gently. Studying God's Word goes beyond "stories" as we may chide: "Now why did you do that?? Why didn't you W*A*I*T?" Have you ever done that? But... we have the outcome of their actions written out for us. They didn't know what was going to happen when they took things into their own hands.

Enjoy Elizabeth's exploration of choices made by Miriam ~ joyful that she waited by the bulrushes! And Joseph being in the position to save his family in their time of need. David, redeemed from his choices when he sought forgiveness and was given grace. Not without heartache and loss. Do we rush ahead of God in our decisions, selecting our plans as good enough?

~* This book is about the journey of waiting,
the space between answers,
and the people we become while we live there. *~

This "story map" will be of benefit in our own lives, our dear ones, and those around us. We all want to be on the path chosen specifically for us individually. Rushing ahead likely might detour us.

"I write fiction for tweens and teens, and Christian inspiration books for women." ~ author Elizabeth Laing Thompson

***Thank you, Barbour Publishing for sending me a print copy. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.*** ( )
  lanehillhouse | Mar 1, 2017 |
When God Says Wait by Elizabeth Laing Thompson is an insightful book on the journey through the in-between places of our dreams or needs and God's answer. With unabashed honesty, humor and humility, the author tells her stories of the times when God has said 'wait' and also discusses the waiting stories of twelve individuals from the Bible. She shares a number of pitfalls to avoid and the skills needed to survive. The book is bathed in scripture, easy to read and down to earth--like a friend sharing heart to heart across the table. At the end of each chapter, there are several scriptures listed for further study, questions to help the reader explore deeper and perhaps answer in a journal and a prayer prompt as well. When God Says Wait is a well-thought out treatise on how to respond to what seem to be detours and delays in answered prayers, reminding the reader that we can control how we wait and who we become as we wait. It is a book that would work well for group or individual study.
I received a complimentary copy of the book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review. ( )
  Anne_Rightler | Feb 27, 2017 |

A job, a true love, a baby, a cure ... We're all waiting for something from God. And the place between His answers can feel like a wasteland where dreams--and faith--go to die. When we're waiting, we wonder, (3zsWhy?(3ys, (3zsWhy me?(3ys, and (3zsHow long?(3y sBut the truth? When God says, (3zsWait,(3y sHe doesn't tell us for how long. When God says, (3zsWait,(3y swe face one of life's greatest tests. When God says, (3zsWait,(3y swe have decisions to make. When God says, (3zsWait,(3y swe can control only two things: how we wait, and who we become along the way. Author Elizabeth Laing Thompson invites you to walk alongside people of the Bible who had to wait on God...imperfect heroes like David, Miriam, Naomi, Sarah, Joseph, and others. Their stories will provide a roadmap for your own story, helping you navigate the painful, lonely territory of waiting, coming out on the other side with your faith, relationships, and sense of humor intact. They might even help you learn to enjoy the ride. This book is about the journey of waiting, the space between answers, and the people we become while we live there.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,751,479 books! | Top bar: Always visible