When God Says Wait: navigating…

When God Says "Wait": navigating life’s detours and delays without…

by Elizabeth Laing Thompson

This book saw me through a particularly rough time in my life. Ms. Thompson writes in a clear, direct style; clearly she understands what I'm going through because she's lived it herself. I appreciate her candor (I know I'm not alone in my struggles) along with her practical advice and reassurance. ( )
  meacoleman | Apr 18, 2017 |
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
When God says "Wait" by Elizabeth Laing Thompson, © 2017
Navigating life's detours and delays without losing your faith, your friends, or your mind

When God Says "Wait"
Published March 1, 2017, by Shiloh Run Press ~ Today is Release Day!!!

My Review:

Worship will minister to you in ways you don't even know you need. It will fill holes in your soul you don't realize you have, gaps you can't fill yourself.
When God Says "Wait," 44.

So much J*O*Y awaits us when God's best appears to us ~ at just the right time.

With gladness of heart, so joyful to know God has our steps before us and He leads us gently. Studying God's Word goes beyond "stories" as we may chide: "Now why did you do that?? Why didn't you W*A*I*T?" Have you ever done that? But... we have the outcome of their actions written out for us. They didn't know what was going to happen when they took things into their own hands.

Enjoy Elizabeth's exploration of choices made by Miriam ~ joyful that she waited by the bulrushes! And Joseph being in the position to save his family in their time of need. David, redeemed from his choices when he sought forgiveness and was given grace. Not without heartache and loss. Do we rush ahead of God in our decisions, selecting our plans as good enough?

~* This book is about the journey of waiting,
the space between answers,
and the people we become while we live there. *~

This "story map" will be of benefit in our own lives, our dear ones, and those around us. We all want to be on the path chosen specifically for us individually. Rushing ahead likely might detour us.

"I write fiction for tweens and teens, and Christian inspiration books for women." ~ author Elizabeth Laing Thompson

***Thank you, Barbour Publishing for sending me a print copy. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.*** ( )
  lanehillhouse | Mar 1, 2017 |
When God Says Wait by Elizabeth Laing Thompson is an insightful book on the journey through the in-between places of our dreams or needs and God's answer. With unabashed honesty, humor and humility, the author tells her stories of the times when God has said 'wait' and also discusses the waiting stories of twelve individuals from the Bible. She shares a number of pitfalls to avoid and the skills needed to survive. The book is bathed in scripture, easy to read and down to earth--like a friend sharing heart to heart across the table. At the end of each chapter, there are several scriptures listed for further study, questions to help the reader explore deeper and perhaps answer in a journal and a prayer prompt as well. When God Says Wait is a well-thought out treatise on how to respond to what seem to be detours and delays in answered prayers, reminding the reader that we can control how we wait and who we become as we wait. It is a book that would work well for group or individual study.
I received a complimentary copy of the book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review. ( )
  Anne_Rightler | Feb 27, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,068,941 books! | Top bar: Always visible