Felix the Railway Cat by Kate Moore

Felix the Railway Cat

by Kate Moore

Nearly 300 pages of anecdotes about a cat adopted by a train station in West Yorkshire - file under 'Guilty Pleasures'. Felix is a regional treasure, and also a global icon thanks to Facebook, totally deserving of her own biography! (Another book is in the works.) Kate Moore's cloying writing style took a bit of adjusting to - I felt like I should be reading aloud to children - but then I was truly suckered, going through embarrassing face journeys on public transport (not the train, but I might have to invent an excuse to travel to Huddersfield soon). I was mostly grinning like an idiot at Felix's station antics - pacifying travellers, begging for treats, getting trapped in office drawers - but also worrying for her safety when she crossed the tracks for the first time and when she left the station and got lost (returned safely, thanks to her name tag). And I might have teared up once or twice, when Felix had to say goodbye to her favourite humans, Gareth and Billy. See? Sucked right in. Virtual Dreamies for Felix and Kate Moore! ( )
  AdonisGuilfoyle | Aug 15, 2018 |
Be prepared to rush on Facebook and’ like’ one extra page after this read!
If you’re looking for a story that will cheer you up and plunge you in a heart-warming atmosphere, look no further. This is a superb story of how the arrival of a kitten at Huddersfield’s train station will change people’s outlook on their work or their preconceived ideas about cats.
The book relates the arrival of Felix into the station as an 8 weeks old kitten, where we also learn how the name came about; why Felix, a female cat, wears a name destined for tomcats, and why it was kept that way. The author retraces all the steps of her growing at the station until she became the worldwide celebrity she is today.
While the writing style is somewhat simple, it is largely compensated by the ‘cuteness’ factor . Furthermore, besides the main story we also discover a close-knit community among the staff, with its joys and its tears, how Felix is playing a huge role at the station and how she touches the heart of everyone in her own way.
Trust me, you will feel compelled to check Felix out on Facebook and ‘like’ her dedicated page after this read! ( )
  Deslilla | Mar 17, 2017 |

Full of funny and heartwarming stories, Felix The Railway Cat is the remarkable tale of a close-knit community and its amazing bond with a very special cat. When Felix arrived at Huddersfield Railway Station as an eight-week-old kitten, no one knew just how important this little ball of fluff would become. Although she has a vital job to do as 'Senior Pest Controller', Felix is much more than just an employee of TransPennine Express. For her colleagues and the station's commuters, Felix has changed their lives in surprising ways. Felix seems to have a remarkable ability to save the day time and again: from bringing a boy with autism out of his shell to providing comfort to a runaway child shivering on the platform one night. So when tragedy hits the team at Huddersfield, they rely on Felix to pull them together again. But it's a chance friendship with a commuter that she waits for on the platform every morning that finally gives Felix the recognition she deserves, catapulting her to international stardom... Royalties from the sale of this book will be donated to Prostate Cancer UK (registered charity 1005541, SC039332).

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 28 Feb 2017 01:16:28 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,600,670 books! | Top bar: Always visible