Point Blank by Sandra Robbins
1011,250,228 (3)None

I have not read other books in this series (as far as I remember) and don't remember the author as being one I've read either. I have read other books with an archery expert as the main character but never one competing in mounted archery--I didn't even know there were competitions for that sport. I wish there had been a bit more information about mounted archery in the book.

In some ways the book is fairly standard for a Love Inspired Suspense book. Hannah Riley married badly and now that she's a widow, she doesn't want to trust another man to be her husband. Ben Whitman once made a bad decision that ended up with him surviving a wreck while his girlfriend died and his combination of survivor's guilt and shame keep him from wanting a relationship beyond friendship. And both of them are trying to rationalize why they can't be in a relationship with each other.

I didn't find the suspense very compelling either. Someone comes after Hannah because of her ex-husband. I didn't guess who it was but I did partially guess why. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Oct 7, 2018 |
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.-Philippians 3:13-14
To Marti, for introducing me to the world of mounted archery.
Hannah felt the gun pressed to her back the minute she returned the nozzle to the gas pump.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373457294, Mass Market Paperback)

FATAL BULL'S-EYE

For archery expert Hannah Riley and her daughter, nowhere on her Smoky Mountain ranch is safe with someone aiming to kill her. She's not sure why they want her dead, but with the help of her best friend, Sheriff Ben Whitman, she won't give up until she knows—and stops them. Hannah's comeback in competitive mounted archery is looming, though, and time is running out to uncover the truth. Years ago Ben promised Hannah's late husband he'd watch over her. But guarding her proves more dangerous than the stalker when Ben is forced to confront his growing feelings for Hannah. He can't lose another woman he loves…but if Ben wants to save her and her little girl, every move he makes must be on target.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 28 Feb 2017 01:18:26 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,769,931 books! | Top bar: Always visible