Glitterbomb Volume 1: Red Carpet by Jim Zub

Glitterbomb Volume 1: Red Carpet

by Jim Zub

202735,097 (3.44)None

If you're looking for a comic filled with blood and monsters, then this is for you. It begins with a man who gets stabbed with a woman's massive tongue spike. She just yells, "Oh god it happened again", and that's it. What an opening, right?

Check out the rest of my review here!

https://radioactivebookreviews.wordpress.com/2018/09/19/glitterbomb-vol-1-red-carpet-by-jim-zub-djibril-morissette-phan-k-michael-russell-review/ ( )
  aurora.schnarr | Sep 19, 2018 |
I really enjoyed the art! Really fits the sorta... noir-horror of it. But the story was superficial. And being that it was about the superficiality of Hollywood... it was filled with unearned cynicism. In the noir tradition, everyone is bitter. Or a monster. Or a bitter monster. Or a fool. The criticisms (fame is empty, hollywood is filled with sleaze, and it's not even real art) were... too easy? Narratively unconvincing. Depends too much on character stereotypes to convey motivations and interiority. And being that I live in Southern California, I'm sensitive to criticism. Sensitive in that, well... criticisms better sound genuine because 1. it's just not going to sound right and I'll know that it's weak and 2. why are you being so harsh, dude? when you don't even caaaaare

Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |

Farrah Durante is a middle-aged actress hunting for her next gig in an industry where youth trumps experience. Her frustrations become an emotional lure for something horrifying out beyond the water...something ready to exact revenge on the shallow celebrity-obsessed culture that's lead her astray.Fan favorite Jim Zub (Wayward, Thunderbolts) and newcomer Djibril Morissette-Phan tear into the heart of Hollywood in GLITTERBOMB, a dramatic horror story about fame and failure.The entertainment industry feeds on our insecurities, desires, and fears. You can't toy with those kinds of primal emotions without them biting back...Collects GLITTERBOMB #1-4.A gut-punch of glitz and blood and starf**ked culture. You want to read this. - Chuck Wendig (Blackbirds)… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,824,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible