Pillowtalk by Cassie Mae

Pillowtalk

by Cassie Mae

741,616,081 (3.7)None

A sweet, heartfelt romance; letting one life go while opening yourself up to another. A light and somewhat predictable read, it entertained nonetheless and kept my attention.
* I received an arc from NetGalley for an honest review ( )
  KimMcReads | Apr 23, 2017 |
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley. This was an emotional read. Kennedy loses the love of her life Jared, to cancer, and when she decides it is time to finally spread his ashes as he told her to a year ago in his hometown. She is talks to the ashes because she misses him so much, it is actually sad. When she gets there she meet Aaron who was Jared's best friend while growing up, but they had a fight, because Aaron betrayed him. Aaron is attracted to Kennedy, but feels she is off-limits because she was Jared's first. Kennedy is also attracted to Aaron, but feels that you only have one love, and she had hers and that is she is not ready. Jared's sister gives ok to Aaron, and he goes after Kennedy and she gives in, but then runs because she feels so guilty. Aaron is so brokenhearted, but luckily Kennedy wakes up, and comes back and they get there HEA ( )
  Pelusa41 | Apr 1, 2017 |
I would like to thank NetGalley and Random House Publishing, Group Loveswept for the ARC of "Pillowtalk" by Cassie Mae for my honest review. The genres of this book are Women's fiction and Romance.
Kennedy Walters is on a train,with her boy friend's ashes in an urn, destined for his hometown. It is a year that Jared passed away from cancer, and now she wants to free his ashes in the lake in .(his town). Kennedy carries his ashes everywhere, and sometimes talks to the urn, making her feel closer to him, and less reluctant to let him go.
Aaron Shepard, once a good friend to Jared carries tremendous guilt about betraying him. Aaron and Jared once so close, had a big argument, that was never settled.
Kennedy is staying at Jared's sister's Bed and Bath, and meets many of Jared's friends. She hears how daring and risky Jared had been growing up, and gets to see his favorite places.
Kennedy and Aaron are attracted to each other, and find it so easy to talk to one another. There is also the feeling of wanting more.
I find that the author describes her characters as conflicted, having feelings of guilt and hesitant in expressing their true feelings. I gave this story three and one half stars.
This was an emotional read. It is difficult to let go when you love someone. Is it possible to love again?
How and can you let go? It is easy to empathize with the characters. I would recommend this as an easy read. ( )
  teachlz | Mar 24, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this book! Kennedy is coming to her dead boyfriends hometown to scatter his ashes in a place dear to him. She ends up meeting Aaron who was Jared's best friend until they had a falling out. Neither expected to be attracted to each other & both fought the attraction.

These characters are so lovable & well developed. Both Aaron & Kennedy feel guilty about their attraction & what Jared would think about it. Jared's sister is a great supporting character that tries to get them to realize Jared would want them to be happy. The writer really manages to draw you into the story & keep you involved. There are some emotional scenes where the writer actually had me crying. I would really recommend this book to readers that love HEAs! ( )
  Pam50627 | Feb 28, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,803,817 books! | Top bar: Always visible