Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Guy de Maupassant's Selected Works (Norton Critical Editions)
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0393923274, Paperback)
“Smith successfully captures Maupassant’s depiction of nineteenth-century French culture using terminology that allows these wonderful texts to reach a fresh generation of readers. A solid translation of some wonderful short stories.”
- Thirty of Maupassant’s best short stories centering on war, the supernatural, and French life, translated by Sandra Smith.
- An introduction and explanatory footnotes by Robert Lethbridge.
- Essays, letters, and newspaper articles on the subjects that influenced Maupassant’s writing, including politics, war, love,
despair, and the supernatural.
- Sixteen critical assessments from Maupassant’s time to our own, including those by Joseph Conrad, David Coward, Mary
Donaldson-Evans, Rachel Killick, Roger L. Williams, Ruth A. Hottell, and Katherine C. Kurk.
- A Chronology and a Selected Bibliography.
(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 28 Mar 2017 07:48:47 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.