Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen…

Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui (1998)

by Karen Kingston

English (19)  German (3)  All (22)
It was interesting to learn what Feng Shui actually is. And Kingston writes quite insightfully about the way that clutter--household and mental--steals your energy. This is an idea I've thought about a lot before and find to be true for myself, though I don't mean the kind of Astral energy that Feng Shui refers to. And I just disagree with the Shui Bagua concept--that clutter in specific quadrants of your home and rooms leads to bad energy in specific areas of your life (e.g. your vocation).

So I would give the book a 3 for how much I liked and agreed with it; but as I think it's not fair to judge a book this way if you aren't at least open to believing the author, I'll round up to 4 stars. ( )
  LauraBee00 | Mar 7, 2018 |
I've been on a purge of the "stuff" in our home for a while now, and hoped this book would encourage me to go forth with renewed energy. It did, a little, but I also found a lot in it that made me more irritated at the author than inspired. Books by my bed don't mean that my primary relationship is with books rather than people. It means that I'm an avid reader and read a lot of books, though (now) keep only a smidgeon of what I read. If my house catches on fire, it's not the universe biting me in the behind for my clutter, though it would be a misfortune. I found the author to be a bit patronizing, as well. What would really help me is a book that told me how to separate memories from objects, or how to detach myself from the joy those memories bring me of loved ones now gone, or times now past. It's not a sin to treasure memories, and sometimes objects help keep the heart whole, or help a wounded one heal. I want to cut down on our possessions mostly because I know it would make my husband happy, and to save my children from having to decide what to do with it all. The toy mechanical tiger that was my father's has memories for me from his stories, but they not only never met him, but never heard me tell the stories. Ebay, anyone? I think I need inspiration/motivation from inside myself rather than from inside the pages of a book. Thank you blogging for books for sending me this book. I am removing it from the pile beside my bed, to help declutter the house. ( )
  bookczuk | Apr 28, 2016 |
This book was published in 1999. The popularity of decorating with the help of Feng Shui techniques has been used for quite sometime and I really didn't expect to learn much that was new but perhaps I would get a kickstart using these methods to motivate me to get some housecleaning done. Reading the book was well worth my time as the study of why you are a clutterholic and what damage this can impose on your life was central to the business of figuring out how to solve your problems. There was plenty of ideas for personal introspection and suggestions for dealing with your sticking points. There was not so much about what colors go where and that stuff, but why should you be allowing all this clutter. There was instruction for drawing your own bagua on paper and how to work with that. There was a lot covered about everything in just the proper doses so it was easy to read and work with. Definitely it is not an outdated book. ( )
  justmeRosalie | Feb 18, 2016 |
Eh it was ok. I skimmed through a bit of it then realized that I could just make my own way to clean my stuff and be happier with the result. ( )
  locriian | Oct 27, 2014 |
Interesting. Did some of the things, but....I guess you really have to believe (like for Tinkerbell.) ( )
  afinch11 | Aug 9, 2013 |
I once met a woman who set off travelling around the planet with little more than the ticket to her first destination in her pocket.
Do you own your stuff or does it own you?

The word "clutter" derives from the Middle English word "clotter," which means to coagulate - and that's about as stuck as you can get.
Being clear of clutter is one of the greatest aids I know to discovering and manifesting the life you want.

Clear Your Clutter and Transform Your Life!

Clutter is trapped energy that has far-reaching effects physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The simple act of clearing clutter can transform your life by releasing negative emotions, generating energy, and allowing you to create space in your life for the things you want to achieve. In Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui, Karen Kingston, pioneer of a branch of Feng Shui known as Space Clearing, expertly guides you through the liberating task of clutter clearing. You will learn:

Why you keep clutter
How to identify and clear clutter in your home or workplace
How to clear clutter from your body, mind, and spirit
How to stay clutter-free

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0767903595, Paperback)

Drawing on the success of her first book, Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui, Karen Kingston has met popular demand by expanding on the indispensable activity of clearing clutter. There is very little of actual Feng Shui here, and certainly nothing you can't get elsewhere, but the clutter problem gets full and complete treatment. Kingston reminds us that clutter is stuck energy that keeps you stuck in undesirable life patterns. Therefore, you can "sort out your life by sorting out your junk." Kingston covers the reasons we keep things as well as the amazing stories of people who have cleared their clutter away. More than just junk, clutter is all those things that have negative symbology and that collect stagnant energy. This latter can also apply to bodily, emotional, and spiritual clutter, all of which Kingston describes with characteristic passion. In an age of accumulation, it's good to see a book that frees up life again.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:19 -0400)

How to free yourself from physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual clutter.

Karen Kingston is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Karen Kingston chatted with LibraryThing members from Jan 24, 2011 to Jan 31, 2011. Read the chat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,534,706 books! | Top bar: Always visible