Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui (1998)

by Karen Kingston

"In this revised and updated edition of her classic, bestselling book, Karen Kingston draws on her wealth of experience as a clutter clearing, space-clearing, and feng shui practitioner to show you how to transform your life by letting go of clutter. Her unique approach lies in understanding that clutter is stuck energy that has far-reaching physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual effects. You'll be motivated to clutter clear as never before when you realize just how much your junk has been holding you back!"--… (more)

English (23)  German (3)  All languages (26)
Good basic instructions for clearing clutter from your life but don't expect an in-depth look into Feng Shui. The author gets off track when she comments on colon cleansing and a product line available, as it reads like a pseudo-science infomercial. ( )
  occlith | Aug 22, 2022 |
Very interesting and definitely inspiring, but I warn you (as my daughter warned me) to SKIP the chapters on "inner clutter." I will not explain what the author means by that, even under torture. Princess Diana might have gone for it, though. Suffice it to say that as much as I liked most of the book, those chapters needed a more discriminating editor! There is also a bit too much of the "woo woo" (to quote the famous daughter again) new age stuff, which you can take with a grain of salt if (like me) you are not so much into that.In the final analysis, it is still a worthwhile read for people with clutter issues. Isn't that most people? Why else are there millions of those u-stor-it places all over the US? Quick, read this book before you rent one of those units. ( )
  PattyLee | Dec 14, 2021 |
Free yourself from physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual clutter forever.
  BLTSbraille | Oct 27, 2021 |
The beginning was motivational for me to get rid of clutter. You do not have to believe in Feng Shui but it works as a framework to show the consequences of clutter and possible reasons behind it.
The de-cluttering your time was a little weak. It included "eat that frog" and procrastination is basically a matter of will.
The chapter on colon cleanse was stretching it too far. ( )
  futureman | Apr 26, 2020 |
It was interesting to learn what Feng Shui actually is. And Kingston writes quite insightfully about the way that clutter--household and mental--steals your energy. This is an idea I've thought about a lot before and find to be true for myself, though I don't mean the kind of Astral energy that Feng Shui refers to. And I just disagree with the Shui Bagua concept--that clutter in specific quadrants of your home and rooms leads to bad energy in specific areas of your life (e.g. your vocation).

So I would give the book a 3 for how much I liked and agreed with it; but as I think it's not fair to judge a book this way if you aren't at least open to believing the author, I'll round up to 4 stars. ( )
  LauraBee00 | Mar 7, 2018 |
I once met a woman who set off travelling around the planet with little more than the ticket to her first destination in her pocket.
Do you own your stuff or does it own you?

The word "clutter" derives from the Middle English word "clotter," which means to coagulate - and that's about as stuck as you can get.
Being clear of clutter is one of the greatest aids I know to discovering and manifesting the life you want.

Clear Your Clutter and Transform Your Life!

Clutter is trapped energy that has far-reaching effects physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The simple act of clearing clutter can transform your life by releasing negative emotions, generating energy, and allowing you to create space in your life for the things you want to achieve. In Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui, Karen Kingston, pioneer of a branch of Feng Shui known as Space Clearing, expertly guides you through the liberating task of clutter clearing. You will learn:

Why you keep clutter
How to identify and clear clutter in your home or workplace
How to clear clutter from your body, mind, and spirit
How to stay clutter-free

Karen Kingston is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Karen Kingston chatted with LibraryThing members from Jan 24, 2011 to Jan 31, 2011. Read the chat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,133,662 books! | Top bar: Always visible