Murder in All Honour by Anne Cleeland

Murder in All Honour

by Anne Cleeland

821,035,133 (4)None

This is my fourth Doyle and Acton novel and I do adore this duo. I’m generally not a fan of murder mysteries or thrillers but make an exception for these books because of the characters and the nuances in the way the stories are written. I was very excited to have another book in the series.

This book opens with Doyle dealing with her pregnancy with causes Acton to be all the more protective. She’s handling a case where pregnant prostitutes are being murdered and their babies being cut out of them – I know, horrifying. Not exactly the easiest case for a pregnant woman. In addition there might be a couple of dead nuns in the mix. When suspicion swirls around Doyle’s church she gets very concerned. She also has a very strong feeling that Acton knows more than he’s telling.

As with the other books in the series there are several subplots that weave their way throughout the tale so you have to pay attention. This series is definitely richer for having read the books that came before – I think this is one case that I would recommend starting at the beginning rather than writing that this book can easily stand alone. There is nothing to say you couldn’t just read this one but I think you will enjoy it far more if you read the first four books. These characters are worth the effort; they are unique, far from perfect and delightful – even if Acton is a bit dark.

I read the book in one sitting. It kept me turning the pages so that I could discover the answers – more to the issues swirling around Acton than to who killed the poor women. I will note that it was not my favorite book of the series. There was a bit of repetition in Doyle’s receiving her signature “feelin’s” and a few too many scratchings of her head but other than that small complaint I was thrilled to find myself in the quirky world of Acton and Doyle. ( )
  BrokenTeepee | May 18, 2017 |
The main characters aren't very likeable so I don't know why I like this series so much. Kathleen is pregnant and sulking because her husband who is her superior officer in the police is keeping her away from the latest serial killer case who is targeting pregnant prostitutes and stealing their fetus' and now two nuns have been murdered. She's sure her husband is covering up these crimes and is determined to get to the bottom of it and leaping to suspects without any evidence except her own confidence in truth telling abilities. Meanwhile it's almost Christmas and what to get Acton and their faithful butler, Reynolds for presents. ( )
  Kathy89 | Mar 3, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,920,555 books! | Top bar: Always visible