Green Lanterns (Rebirth) Vol. 2: Phantom…

Green Lanterns (Rebirth) Vol. 2: Phantom Lantern

by Sam Humphries

I've already read Vol. 3 & 1 but had to go back and fill in with this volume. A great read. I'm really enjoying the new Green Lantern duo. Both young and fresh bringing their own personal issues to the job, making them not as arrogant as so many of the seasoned Green Lanterns. The book mainly focuses on the main story which has a man named Frank, who has always wanted to be (but was denied) a Green Lantern. Instead Frank finds out about the Phantom Ring which has the powers of all seven colours of rings and doesn't choose a master. Anyone can find it and wear it. The story gets darker when Volthoom, the first Lantern, shows up, to be Frank's mentor. Add to this that Jessica and Simon are supposed to be protecting the last Guardian of the Universe on Earth and highly wanted by Volthoom. Vol. 3 deals with Volthoom so the best part for me here was getting up to date on that story line. Great book and one series I'll definitely continue to read. ( )
  ElizaJane | Oct 8, 2017 |
Ok. Wow. That ending. It sorta hit me out of nowhere even though I probably should have seen it coming as the signs were there.

Jessica and Simon are still tasked with protecting the exiled Guardian Rami, who's quite a different sort. And they're still learning how to be Green Lanterns too.

They get to go up against the Dominators. Then up against a couple of unique Lanterns that don't exactly like the Guardians.

The Phantom Lantern is a really interesting story too. It definitely had different twists and turns and I wasn't totally sure where it was going to end up (always a nice feeling when it comes to a Comic Book. It means I haven't read everything there is to read and stuff can surprise me!)

I got this ARC through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment. ( )
  DanieXJ | May 5, 2017 |

"They're the newest recruits to the Green Lantern Corps, but learning to trust each other is the hardest challenge Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz may ever face! Their pasts, their personalities, their hidden fears and deepest secrets--the gap between them is hard to overcome...and it just might make them the greatest partners the Corps has ever seen. Buried in the deepest recesses of the universe by the immortal Guardians is a weapon of colossal power: the Phantom Ring, capable of controlling the entire Emotional Spectrum that fuels Lanterns of every color. And a sinister figure from the Lanterns' past has placed the ring in the hands of a human who's singularly unfit to wield such an awesome responsibility. Can Simon and Jessica come together and defeat this nearly omnipotent foe? Or will the fractured light of the Phantom Lantern be the last thing they ever see?"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,938,507 books! | Top bar: Always visible