Game of Thorns: The Inside Story of Hillary…

Game of Thorns: The Inside Story of Hillary Clinton's Failed Campaign…

by Doug Wead

142971,151 (3)None

A look at the 2016 US presidential election and its key players, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Doug Wead gives us his take on why he believes Clinton failed and Trump succeeded. He delves into their personal lives, stretching way before the election. It's interesting to read the things that the mainstream media didn't pick up on. Worth a look if you're interested in American politics. ( )
  briandrewz | Apr 16, 2017 |
From the cover of the book, I expected it to be somewhat partisan. "The inside story of Hillary Clinton's failed campaign and Donald Trump's winning strategy". However, I was unprepared for what lay inside.
Wead not only completely and utterly lays the fault of everything from the fall of America to the crucifying of Christ at the hands of Clinton, he totally absolves Trump as the second coming of Christ himself. While utilizing great journalistic prose such as "the first lady ALLEGEDLY answered. The story was APPARENTLY corroborated by others". Granted, Clinton was a deeply flawed candidate, with a huge trunk of baggage and an apparent dislike of the truth, but to have to embellish her story with the use of allegedly and apparently is the work of a jealous high schooler who has been thrown over for a prom date. It would have been so much more effective to just lay out the facts, and let the reader make up their own mind.
Wead takes just the opposite tack with Trump. Not a word of dissent was spoken against him. Instead, readers learn of Trump's conquering of his military school, his unquestionable belief in God, and his single-handed saving of New York City in the 1970's.
Not satisfied with merely trashing Clinton, Wead turns his eye on the "evil media". Such as "CNN covered the quote, but then added its own commentary; it couldn't trust the viewers to hear Trump without a filter". And, "But the major American media had already picked the winner and they weren't interested in narratives that might confuse their audience".
I honestly could not stomach the entire book. I made it through the first 40%, by holding my nose and trying to give it a fair read. Perhaps it is too soon to objectively look at the election as the battle between two deeply flawed candidates. Hopefully we will learn from this round and improve in the future.
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review. I only wish it was possible to assign a negative number of stars. ( )
  1Randal | Mar 3, 2017 |

An examination of the campaign strategies of the 2016 presidential election describes how Donald Trump's abrasive tactics struck a chord with previously unaligned segments of the country, undermining Clinton's traditional campaign efforts.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,698,867 books! | Top bar: Always visible