Deadly Alibi by Leigh Russell

A book filled with lots of plot twists and hints as to what the killer is thinking, but not who this killer just happens to be. This book had me hooked from the very beginning and did not let me go. The main suspect, Chris, who is the husband of the first murder victim, Jamie, spends most of his time during the book behind bars. He's adamant that he is innocent, however, the police do not believe him. They can find no other suspect and no one else has the connections Chris has to the murders. Freaky and thrilling, the real killer is very sneaky.

There is also another story wherein the main policewoman, Geraldine has just learned of her birth mother's death and that she has a twin sister. This part of the book is crazy, or maybe that's just Geraldine's twin. She has some serious problems. While, Geraldine has never met her birth mother, she had tried to get in contact with her, but she would never commit to seeing her. Then at her birth mother's funeral, she gets a letter from her stating that Geraldine has a twin sister, Helena. Geraldine's mother is asking that she find Helena and please take care of her. That is definitely easier said than done.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and it was a first for me with this author, but it won't be my last. Geraldine Steel is one character I can't wait to read more about.

Thanks to Oldcastle Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review. ( )
  debkrenzer | May 31, 2017 |
Not for me, I'm afraid, although I must be in the minority as this is book #9 so obviously the series has a large fan base. I found it had a lot of unnecessary explanations about police procedures & a strangely formal style of dialogue that came across as stiff & very proper. The MC is an experienced DI who I just couldn't warm to & her thoughts & questions made me doubt her. Probably my fault for jumping into a series at this point. ( )
  RowingRabbit | Dec 13, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,734,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible